Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Does that apply if it's your 16 year old daughter grinding her *** on some dirty old man?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And you're going to see more of this, which is a good thing.

"It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer -

(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin;"

What don't these woke corporations understand? I don't see an "unless it's done with politically correct intentions" clause.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I read the article. It’s a double standard to say he was fired due to poor performance. If it was a black, latinx, trans dude, you would need a 5 inch binder of poor performance reviews to get away with firing that person.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Great news! Glad to see that there is some protection available for the only unprotected group left - able-bodied white males.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

All participation strictly voluntary!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You do know that the main reason it's illegal for you to nail a 16 year old girl is that it would be too easy for you to ******** her into letting you do it, right? (Sorta kidding but not really.)

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

For some women, yes. Unfortunately I don’t think waiting 2 more years will make a difference in their life.

8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Don’t blow your wad:

• Like Like x 2
  9. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Guess it is a good thing you aren't soft on this issue...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Deez
    Come on man
    I did not say they didn't know they were getting a lap dance and you know it.:angry:
    I said they may not have known what was planned.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I understand that, but even if you don't know it's planned, does that really make a big difference? Call me crazy, but if a high school boy (or girl) started grinding his (or her) *** on me in lingerie, I wouldn't have to know how it was planned to know it was inappropriate. Any school official with a shred of professionalism would shut it down immediately. I get that it's a joke, but this is way over the line.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Apparently the students found the books in the library that the teachers have been hiding from the parents.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Maybe I’m missing the joke, even though I gave the “If God loves us” comment a Funny, but I’m with Deez here on this.

And I sure as hell wouldn’t have agreed to dress up and do that. What the hell is with those ********?

• Like Like x 1
  14. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Yeah we just had a rigged basketball game against the faculty in my day. Faculty always won, referees rigged the game you just went with it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

If you watch the vid you see the male teachers look caught off guard.
    Maybe they should have stopped it. Everyone else was laughing. In retrospect you know they wish they had
    but in the moment?
    Heck the cheerleaders came out in Hooters costumes. Little difference from what most cheerleaders usually wear.
    Poor judgement and probably too much freedom given to the students in planning.
    But is it a firing offense?
    And I am not even sure what should happen to the students IF they planned it by themselves.

16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

As a Boy Scout leader, even the best kids can go off the rails and do stupid **** if unsupervised.

• Like Like x 1
  17. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Disgusting, but it made me think of Friday Night Lights, tv show not movie.

18. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Laws like that make me wonder how companies can promise to increase the percent of women/minorities in hiring. Here's one from yesterday:

"The CEO also pledged on Thursday to increase by 50 percent the proportion of women and non-binary people, which is currently 23 percent at Activision.

The company will spend $250 million to promote diversity in its hiring."

CEO details anti-harassment push at scandal-hit Activision Blizzard

I guess it's a lot harder to prove you were not hired due to your sex.

19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

This has to be the funniest thing I have seen in years:

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I don't get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What a fuckin' clown. And Ngo is right. If white privilege was a big thing, they'd have no reason to lie about their race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's because the courts are a mess on the issue. Openly discriminating against a white person on account of race is illegal. However, the Court has left a hole open for some affirmative action programs under certain conditions, which are clear as mud.

Here's the ***** of it though. The case that tolerated affirmative action by private employers despite the very clear and unambiguous language of the Civil Rights Act was decided in 1978 by a wildly more liberal Court than we have now. That means some employer is going to go too woke and invite the Supreme Court to reverse that opinion and decide the Civil Rights Act actually means what it says.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Sangre Naranjada

Thanks for spelling that out.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Kein problem. The case at issue is illustrative of the problems that arise when courts decide that they don't have to follow the law. Basically, nobody knows what the law actually is.

If you read the law Congress actually wrote, all affirmative action is illegal. It's quite clear. However, the Court wanted to tolerate it to serve a politically correct purpose, so it put aside what the law actually said to allow it. But the Court is clearly conflicted. It knows what the law says but if it acknowledges that it's breaking the law (which it is) by allowing affirmative action generally, it loses its credibility, so it has to play legal Houdini to force a result that the written law and the legislative history suggests that Congress never intended to allow. So it took a legal issue that's very clear and threw a bunch of **** on it to force an illegitimate agenda and make it complicated.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Sangre Naranjada

Sorry!!! I wasn't clear.

I was thanking mchammer for spelling out the Kendi tweet I didn't understand. But I appreciate your legal perspective on it as well.

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And I thought you were thanking me.

I thought I made a pretty good point. Lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Know your place, deezer! :beertoast:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Thanks for spelling it out to me. How about that? You did make a good point!

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Yes!

When I was a teacher / if I were still a teacher, and one of my students tried to give me a lap dance or grind on me, whatever the purported reason was, that activity would stop immediately.

And I definitely wouldn't have gotten up and given them spankings afterward either.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2021