Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

It was the equivalent of Obama's red line with Syria. If you're not willing to back it up and we clearly aren't then it's a "stupid-***" comment. By making it you've eroded America's credibility.

2. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Feel free to point out how Obama's foreign policy was better. Appeasement of dictators does not count. Oh I know, he personally shot Binny in the eye, then gave him a private funeral on the sea.

Trump will deal with NK one way of the other. Meanwhile, liberals will focus on calling everyone who disagrees with the stupid, but offer no solution to the situation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Wait, less than 24 hours after a dictator makes a threat, we kill millions? Good god, you guys are hilarious hypocrites.

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Back to the argument:

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Deezer,

For your viewing pleasure:

:lmao:

6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I didn't say it didn't hurt our credibility. It certainly did much like the Syrian red line comment. It's like claiming to be better hung than Ron Jeremy (and about that juvenile) but unwilling to drop your pants. At some point you have to prove that you're not stuffing a pair of socks or a roll of quarters in your pants.

I'm just saying his comment isn't going to be the reason we go to war.

7. Seattle Husker

That's pre-sexchange too. Mind blown. My least favorite movie of all time...the Crying Game. Chelsea might be able to pull that off.

8. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Oh Great! All we need around here is Roger 35 coming back with his other name to complain about a blow up duck on the lawn of the White House.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I got called into the principal's office for less than that.
    Differing standards I guess.

10. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Had a roommate in grad school who was a fraternity brother. A guy who played QB with a neck roll. Homophobic to the core. We went and saw that cool IRA movie...not knowing what was coming. His discomfort was hilarious. He wanted to leave. :)

11. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Please get professional help.

12. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

Still ignoring the fact that 45 puts his foot in his mouth and you say I need help?

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He better improve his "Silence of the Lambs tuck" if he's not gonna have the surgery.

14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

That's your opinion, not fact. The exact same trash was said about Reagan when he called the USSR the evil empire. How'd that work out? However, feel free to continue to parrot the media and follow liberal groupthink. That's better than learning to think for yourself.

15. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

Dude your the one parroting your gop talking points buddy. 45 made a nuclear threat twice to NK then got his bluff called. I guess your not tired of all his winning, he is winning so much right, what a joke.

16. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Re: Bradley/Chelsea Manning pic:

Well he found a sure-fire way to make his treasonous crimes disappear, you gotta give him that.

17. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

not to put words in your mouth, but it seemed to me that you were implying that they "want to" because it somehow made them more productive. I don't dispute that they want to, I dispute that they want to because it MAKES THEM MORE PRODUCTIVE.

IMO, They "want to" because they are afraid of PC police. They are afraid of being singled out as not being diverse enough(which happens everyday). They are afraid of lawsuits because they didn't appear to be doing enough to promote social justice and diversity. They aren't doing so because their engineering got better or because their accountants are able to process more numbers. Targeted recruiting of minorities and women is not about unleashing some imagined talent pool that's been untapped for decades, it's about C.Y.A.

That's not to say there aren't individuals that are women and/or minorities that are talented. There certainly are many of them but the banks and IT companies of the world are not trying to specifically recruit African Americans, Hispanics, etc because they raise the bar on work performance. They are recruiting them to stay out of the cross hairs of EEO compliance issues.

Recruiting for diversity is almost exclusively a Social Justice effort. It is not a productivity/efficiency/performance effort.

If you believe this country owes women and minorities a catch up mulligan because they were squashed for so long, I wouldn't argue too much. But let's quit trying to pretend that they somehow increase our corporate capacities just because they have a different perspective.

18. Seattle Husker

I have to disagree. That may be why some companies are advancing their diversity agenda but that's not my experience from working for major companies in the Pacific Northwest. I'd run away from any company who is just giving lip service to the value of diversity.

19. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

In 1991 the research indicated that teams were more creative and successful when they were diverse, gender, age, race, education, etc. When I find the 3.5" floppy I'll know more. I didn't realize a liberal putting out a basic Libertarian idea would be so controversial...

20. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

It's been amazing to watch people who couldn't have cared less about Korea and Russia two years ago all of a sudden freaking out. Kim has been posturing for years and there's no reason to think he'd be behaving one bit different if Hillary were in the White House. There's also not one reason to think that Trump getting into a schoolyard name-calling fight is what will make Kim decide to launch.

• Like Like x 1
  21. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Here we go again; Bubba and pissing always seem to be linked together.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Barry, I can't comment on what's in your research paper because I haven't read it. However, you do understand that if this is true, then simply as a matter of logic, on a job-by-job basis it should be legal and even encouraged to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's not entirely fair. North Korea has been a thorn in our side and a pain in our *** since the early '50s, and it hasn't been from a lack of caring as much as it has been from a lack of political resolve and commitment from the public. It started with Truman not wanting to finish the job (for understandable political reasons), and presidents from both parties have been farting around with the issue and taking half-assed action ever since. In retrospect, the best time to get into a war with North Korea probably would have been in the early '90s. The Soviet Union had just collapsed, and China didn't have anywhere near enough economic or military power to challenge the US, whose military was still at Cold War-level strength. We could have gone in and kicked Kim Il-Sung's *** with little regard for what anybody in the world thought. However, who among the public was interested in fighting some nasty war in Korea just after the Cold War had ended? Nobody, so we let the problem keep fester.

You have a much stronger point on Russia. They laughed at Mitt Romney, and they've come around and admitted Mitt was right, but that's mostly because Putin targeted them. If he had targeted the GOP or just not done anything, they'd be FAR less hostile. They wouldn't be his buddy either way though, because Putin doesn't like gays, and that's only OK if you're Muslim.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This sucks
    Liberals have to ruin everything
    It's their reason for living

[​IMG]

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This should prepare them for the real world

26. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Your biased observation and anecdotal experience has no relevance to the actual truth regarding the benefits of racial diversity.

27. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Justice Scalia asked the same question of UT - on what basis to you deduce that diversity in admissions is a good thing for UT? They had no answer.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

In case you care, this is the rationale they follow. Personally, I don't care, because the Constitution requires "equal protection," not "equal protection unless we decide that diversity is more important." Accordingly, I don't care if "diversity in admissions" is a good thing or not. If achieving diversity is done by race-based admissions, it's illegal, whether it's good or bad. That's called knowing how to read. But some might care to know why the Court thinks following the Constitution should take a back seat to another agenda.

See Grutter v. Bollinger, 539 U.S. 306 (2003). (Click the citation if you're bored and want to read the full opinion.)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  29. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Not sure who they are, but most of the people who laughed at Obama's dismissal of Romney "The 80's called and they'd like their foreign policy back" have never and will never admit Romney was right. They pretend that Russia has always been an enemy to them. "Restart" never happened.

• Like Like x 2
  30. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Diversity is great unless your name is Clarence Thomas.

The law school's and SCOTUS' rationalization for violating the Constitution has zero empirical evidence they can point to substantiate their claims. The reasons offered are all subjective.