Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Uh...that is often the sentiment on this board when the BLM is raised.

2. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

Did Nate know Kapo was going to disrespect our National Anthem?

I asked this before and got no response.

I am curious as to how Boyer got involved in this ... but if he told Kapo to kneel during the Anthem, he was wrong.

3. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

Ah ... found part of the open letter Boyer wrote in the Seattle times last year ... evidently Kapo contacted Boyer. Boyer educated Kapo on kneeling for respect toward a fallen brother in arms ...

Kinda a far cry from "telling" CK to "take a knee" instead.

Boyer:
    "I thought about how far I’d come and the men I’d fought alongside who didn’t make it back. I thought about those overseas who were risking their lives at that very moment. I selfishly thought about what I had sacrificed to get to where I was, and while I knew I had little to no chance of making the Seahawks’ roster as a 34-year-old rookie, I was trying.

That moment meant so much more to me than even playing in the game did, and to be honest, if I had noticed my teammate sitting on the bench, it would have really hurt me.

I’m not judging you for standing up for what you believe in. It’s your inalienable right. What you are doing takes a lot of courage, and I’d be lying if I said I knew what it was like to walk around in your shoes. I’ve never had to deal with prejudice because of the color of my skin, and for me to say I can relate to what you’ve gone through is as ignorant as someone who’s never been in a combat zone telling me they understand what it’s like to go to war."

So Nate didn't TELL CK to take a knee, but in a discussion tried to educate him on what is appropriate and what isn't. Evidently Nate didn't finish the conversation. Kneeling in honor of a comrade ... STANDING (At Attention) for the passing of The Colors and the playing of the Star Spangled Banner ...

and ... then it went down hill from there ... Michael Bennett gets tackled in Vegas after he ran from the cops ... and claims that was evidence of racist cops.

SMH!!!

4. Seattle Husker

Kaepernick first "sat" for the National Anthem. After talking with Nate Boyer they agreed that it was more respectful for him to kneel per Boyer. Nate's logic was that it is common for living soldiers to kneel next to a fallen soldiers casket. So, Kaepernick changed his protest to kneeling the 2nd game.

There you go...Kaepernick was never trying to disrespect our national anthem. That's your interpretation.

5. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color." These are Kaepernick's own words. If you can't see that as disrespect I want what you're smoking.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

I could give him the benefit of the doubt if he hadn't been raised ... in These United States of America. He knows you stand for the Anthem. You render a salute appropriate to your status (civilian/veteran).

I don't know Boyer personally, but I know what he was taught as a veteran with respect to custom/courtesy. Perhaps he and Kapernick were/became personally acquainted. I'm sure Nate served with some folks who were from those "disadvantaged" backgrounds (not like Kapernicks, btw, he had more "advantage" than this middle class white boy). So it's possible/probable Nate sincerely empathized with Kapernick's base intent. I don't doubt nor castigate the conversation.

But anyone who can be considered a sincere citizen ... if you don't stand for the Anthem or The Flag ... you'd better be in a wheel chair ... and then render a salute anyway.

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If someone used the term "extreme femininity" as a euphemism for acting like a ***** or anything negative, people would consider that very offensive.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

Just watching LHN ... have a great documentary going about Jamaal Charles.

Now THIS is an NFL player doing something. IDK if Charles has been deceived into thinking it's OK to kneel for the playing of the Anthem/passing of The Colors ... but he evidently supports Port A football and Port A's youth to a large extent.

Who would have more credibility with those youths than one who came from the same place???

9. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Clooney too

Seems like a dam is bursting. The exceptions are the good guys. There has to be a few, right?

11. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

Tom Hanks? Please?

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Weinstein's employment contract provided that he could not be fired for sexual harassment, so long as he personally paid the settlement/judgment

If Weinstein --
    "treated someone improperly in violation of the company's Code of Conduct ..... You [Weinstein] will pay the company liquidated damages of $250,000 for the first such instance, $500,000 for the second such instance, $750,000 for the third such instance, and $1,000,000 for each additional instance."

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/12/weins...ein-company-sexual-harassment-firing-illegal/

14. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

So Miramax knew exactly what they had in Weinstein. They knew and didn't mind as long as he brought in the bucks.

Let the class action lawsuits begin.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Good article by Mark Penn who runs the Harvard-Harris Poll. Penn is a Clinton Democrat and basically writes an unusual column by a Dem that uses actual facts. There is going to be a shake-up in the Senate. People like McCaskill and Donnelly are going to lose. Yet there will still be dumfounded media claiming "muh polling" shows Trump's approval in in 30s.

The whole thing is worth a read. It's not long

"Why the polls are still wrong"
    The polls that failed to detect the full strength of President Trump on Election Day continue to underestimate the president’s support for the job he is doing, paying way too much attention to the Twitter wars and ignoring the public support for many of the actions is undertaking.

This can create some serious misjudgments by organizations like the NFL and some Republican senators, who find out later that they buck the president only to their own detriment. And nothing was more devastating to Democrats than believing the election was over when it wasn’t.

When it comes to rank-and-file Republican voters, Trump is the undisputed leader of the Republican Party. No poll I’ve seen puts his support from Republicans at below 80 percent and we at Harvard-Harris have it at 84 percent, which is remarkable, given his knock-down-drag-out fight with some mainstream Republicans.

It is by watching the underlying public sentiment of what he is doing, and not his methods, that you see how polling better watch out here, as reality versus research will again be tested, and reality always wins.

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/355066-why-the-polls-are-still-wrong

• Like Like x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I dont know if the individual fact patterns allow for class action but not only did they know, they allowed for multiple instances of it. So, they knew he did it and knew he did it alot.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

The establishment has no idea what's coming for them in 2018.

The major players that helped fuel DT's base during the election have joined PAC's with the sole mission of ousting establishment candidates. Bannon, Gorka, and Sheriff David Clark have all done so.

And it's the easiest sell around to Rep voters. Congress blocking progress, breaking promises, and getting nothing done will effortlessly fuel the campaign and attack ad narratives. Voters will easily recognize it is as fact over the facade painted by estab. candidates.

A hard lesson will be learned in 2018, MAGA voters own the Rep party.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

19. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

It's not an interpretation when the perpetrator himself says he is doing it specifically as a sign of protest.
    When you tell your teenager to take out the trash and he rolls his eyes at you, he didn't say "F" you but that's what he's meaning. It is a sign of disrespect.

kapernicks move was intentional, it was with forethought and it was intended to send a specific message. That message was I don't support this country. He felt justified in doing it because he thinks the country doesn't care about black people, but it was specifically in protest to this country and it was specifically targeted at a universal symbol of patritiotism. It isn't an interpretation. It's what the man has said.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

It was planned and orchestrated by Kap and his Muslim, BLM activist gf as a BLM protest of America.

I almost feel sorry for the guy (but don't), he's not too bright and this woman changed his entire persona. Before her he wasn't a controversial, outspoken person. After they got together he converted to Islam and was indoctrinated into hardcore BLM activist. Must be some really good _____.

Everything he has said about his motivations mirrors the BLM stance towards this country. His actions since, for instance boycotting 4th of July by leaving the country for Africa, further prove this. Then there's the pig socks and likening police badges to previous slave catcher badges...BLM activisism.

America is not stupid. Most know Kap's protest was to show his disdain for the country. And every player who has joined in and mirrored his kneeling since is indirectly supporting his original BLM activism whether they believe so or not.

The backlash is not as much towards players attempting to express genuine concern with inequality, but moreso in resistance to a BLM protest (condemning America) that was started by Kap and continues on with those who followed.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  21. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Because BLM almost universally picks criminals and uses debunked accounts or prejudges with no actual knowledge of what happened. You just tried to argue with the very point that I made to explain WHY people react to BLM the way they do.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We have at least two clearly defined, giant Swamps in this country which need to be drained

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

26. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

:rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 1
  27. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

28. Seattle Husker

29. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts