Duncan Lemp was murdered

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Monahorns, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

3. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Black or a guilty of misdemeanor.

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It sounds pretty suspicious, but there's no way to really know, because this reporter sucks at his job. It seems that the most important issue is what prompted the police to try to serve a warrant at 4:30 a.m., why they didn't just knock on the door, and why they used any force at all. There's pretty much no analysis of that at all. It quotes the family's lawyer about the warrant and the witness statements. I'm not saying it's wrong, but it's incomplete. Did the reporter actually look at the warrant, talk to the witness, or even look at their statements? Doesn't look like he did. Very slipshod work.

I did find this noteworthy. "'Detectives were following up on a complaint from the public that Lemp, though prohibited, was in possession of firearms,' the release says without elaborating."

So in other words, this whole incident took place because some busybody called the cops and whined, "he owns a gun! He can't have that!" Was he doing anything bad with it or even threatening to? No, but he owns it, and that's enough reason for this busybody to freak out and call the cops. Idiots.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  5. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

For a minute I thought the Clintons were back in charge

7. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

No. Just the police killing people with no accountability.