Eagles

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by gahornphan, Oct 24, 2019.

1. gahornphan

gahornphan 500+ Posts

Uh oh.
    Also a rumor that Jake Smith is “homesick.”

• Hot Hot x 1
  2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Why is it that WR seems to be the position where we get the most "issues" regarding questionable choices?

Eagles
    Moore
    Hemphill
    R. Bernard
    K. Sanders & M. Meander
    Cayleb Jones
    Hales
    Timmons
    D. White
    M. Williams

And this is just like the past decade. Totally forgot Dan Buckner too... never date an Aggie I guess.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  3. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

WR seems to be the biggest drama queen position in all of college and NFL football. I'm not saying Eagles is because he may have a serious personal, family issue, IDK, but WR always seems to stand out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

NOT what I wanted to read about this morning....

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

So what is behind the paywall story?

6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well s***.

7. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

What are the odds that he has shown up for classes this week (or this semester)?

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I wish this thread was about how the Philly Eagles sucked even worse than the Cowboys
    OR how great the Eagles Hotel California new concert is
    But not this :smh:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Darn. Eagles has mostly impressed this year, and he's had plenty of playing time.

On edit - sounds like something private is going on. Hope he's all-together soon and back on track. He's a real good one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

That has always been labeled the diva position. Only 1 ball and so many players at that position.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  11. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Didn’t really say much about eagles the title pretty much was the story with him. The jake story being home sick was said to be false according to “sources”. Shepherd down talked the program to Princley, he was also immature tried to fight Ossai at one point and his locker is cleaned out no chance of him returning. One more decommit might be on the way.

12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Just nobody go and call them "Pre-Madonnas".
    :yes:

(see page 117 of the 2020 Recruiting thread for context)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like a Beetles song.

:clap:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

If all this stuff about Shepherd bad mouthing UT to Princely and/or other recruits, starting a fight with Ossai, and sowing discord turns out to be true, then screw him. I, plenty of other Longhorn fans, and presumably Tom and the staff, cut him a mile of slack due to his rough background and his demonstrated strong work ethic / workout ethic with TFK. And this is what we get... :idk:

Physically, he's one of those rare 'freak of nature' big athletes that don't grow on trees. You can bet that somebody will still want him, even after all this. He'll be their problem from now on--and you can bet that a problem he will be. You can't say we didn't give Shepherd a fair shot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 9
  16. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Its funny that its guys on the offense.

Easily the best offense we have had in 10 years with an improving OL and a great QB who spreads the ball around, guys making plays all over the field.

You'd think the guys on defense would be the ones not having any fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like just normal stuff happening to guys on offense got confounded with the mess on defense regarding Sheppard. Better to get the mess out now before it’s too late. Season only half over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

BTHOTCU

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. BurntOrangeLH

Glad Ossai won.

20. BurntOrangeLH

Some programs do not care about the athlete, only care what he can do on the field to get the win then it is kick him out the door.

Good luck young man. Or own up and apologize to your teammates and coaches. It is your life. Do what the man you want to be would.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Eagles doesn’t strike me as a Keyshawn Johnson “give me the damn ball” type.
    Possibly in the future as he gets older and bigger.
    Seems to be a team guy from what I’ve seen.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

It is tough for an 18-20-year-old to go from being the stud on the HS team to just another receiver who has trouble at times hanging onto the ball. Hope Eagles gets his fecal matter together and begins to understands the big picture.

23. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 2
  24. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Bad attitudes that can’t be fixed become a cancer and must be cut out. And there is no place on the football field where teamwork is as important as the offensive line.

Eagles has a chance to become a standout receiver at Texas and Smith is a special playmaker. He is going to excel like no other in this offense. Texas needs both of these young men. Glad to hear these rumors are false.

25. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

From what I read, I would tread lightly here. For Eagles, it did not seem football related. The young man needs our full support.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  26. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Based on what I have read and sensed, it seems like Ossai is the real deal, the kind of leader every team wants. Just a guess
    that perhaps Ossai confronted Shepherd to get his s*** together and perhaps that didn’t go well. If indeed his locker has been cleared out then there was obviously an issue with the kid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. BurntOrangeLH

NewsFlash! The world is ending tomorrow!

Herman going back to CA to be coach at Cal Lutheran. Says he is homesick.

• Funny Funny x 2
  28. BurntOrangeLH

I have no clue, but just maybe Shepherd confronted the wrong guy?

29. BurntOrangeLH

As does the team and the hated coaches.

• Like Like x 2
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Ossai probably told Sheppard to cut it out (his immaturity). That probably didn’t go down well, so here we are. Would have been worse if nothing was said. It happens.

• Agree Agree x 2