Earl Highlights from the NFL

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by WorsterMan, Feb 26, 2020.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Hey, it's the off season and I was in need of some Earl eye candy:

Just AMAZING what that man could do running the ball.... :hookem:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. HTownBevo

HTownBevo 250+ Posts

Back when my Sunday’s were based on what time the Oilers played. And my mood on a Monday was reflective of Sundays results.

good times!!

3. WorsterMan

Despite growing up a Cowboys fan, I became an big Oilers fan when Earl played for 'em.

Also followed Mike Renfro who I knew in Fort Worth & played at TCU. We attended the same boys summer camp in Colorado (Blue Mountain Ranch) during our Jr. High and HS days. MIke ran great routes, got open and caught the ball if you got it most anywhere around him.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  4. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Two things stand out to me. Whenever I see him run, I am again reminded of how long and smooth his strides were. Like he was gliding. The other thing is how he carried the ball. Out away from his body in one hand, even with tacklers around. And it appeared that nobody was going for the ball, even when they had the opportunity. In today's game, they would be raking at the ball, even while being run over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Earl was a battering ram when he ran. Fast, solid, and strong. He just ran over guys. Always loved watching him play.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WorsterMan

Barney Switzer praised him with a quote something like "the best all around RB his team's ever faced."

Earl had "it" all and proved it at UT his Sr. year and in the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I was at the Isiah Robertson game vs. the Rams. Was living in Austin then, woke up hungover bad, alarm went off early but I could only make it from the bed to the sofa, then fell back asleep again in my underwear. The guy going with me broke into my south of Riverside apt, got me in some clothes and in his car (I was the one with the tickets, haha) then drove 85-90 in his Fiat all the way to the Astrodome (while I passed out for another hour). Probably the fastest I have ever made it from Austin to Houston still to this day. We only missed a couple minutes of the 1Q. I think that was their 2d home game that year and I dont think Earl was even starting yet. After the draft, there were still some Oiler fans who did not follow Texas who were unsure if he could handle the pros. But we knew what was going to happen, and so I had traded some labor for those 40-yard line seats over the summer. I will always be grateful to my buddy John H from Springfield, Missouri!!! for rousting me that morning and then getting me to the Dome to see that historic moment in person. I can still visualize that play in my mind plus our reaction and retarded celebration. We stayed buzzed about that for months.

• Like Like x 2
  8. WorsterMan

• Like Like x 2
  9. WorsterMan

[​IMG]

This still photo is a much better shot to see the incredible leg drive, helmet to sternum blast Earl puts on poor, feet leaving the ground, Isiah.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  10. WorsterMan

More Earl Eye Candy:

11. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

Man that had to have hurt............oouuuuuch!

• Agree Agree x 1