Eastern Promises

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by CaptainEd, Jan 2, 2008.

1. CaptainEd

CaptainEd 1,000+ Posts

dude. what the f**k. swinging ballsacks and knife fights should NEVER mix. damnit.

2. MizzouSnives

MizzouSnives 500+ Posts

serves you right for seeing anything david "i'm a ******* douchebag piece of ****" cronenberg makes.

f**k me, a history of violence was bad and i'll never trust him again. critics can fellate him all they want, but i'm not fooled.

3. CaptainEd

CaptainEd 1,000+ Posts

no. no one deserves to be surprised by that.

4. Fanny McLonghorn

Fanny McLonghorn 100+ Posts

I liked A History of Violence, and I really liked Eastern Promises. As for the bathhouse scene, if some swinging junk makes a brutal fight even more brutal, I think it's ok. But I happen to be the kind of guy who isn't afraid I'll turn gay at the sight of another man's pubes.

5. bevo barry

bevo barry 500+ Posts

So, is Viggo a native-born Texan, if you catch my drift?

6. BoogityBoy

BoogityBoy 250+ Posts

What is it with the Reds and fighting naked. First Borat, now this.

Can a taint shot really be considered nudity?

7. CaptainEd

CaptainEd 1,000+ Posts

8. ShadowNinja

ShadowNinja 100+ Posts

I liked this movie but I also had been forewarned about the shower scene.

9. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

I thought this was a little better than History of Violence but then again I thought History of Violence was a comedy it sucked so hard.

10. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

ttt. Crazy good movie.

Does he turn at the end?

Barry, I think you gotta find out for yourself bro.

11. DeadHorse

DeadHorse 1,000+ Posts

I will be the first to admit that this movie sucked and not because of the gay shower scene. That made is suck worse but this movie was awful.

12. BattleshipTexas

BattleshipTexas 1,000+ Posts

This was an excellant movie.

13. HornGrad'01

HornGrad'01 250+ Posts

Agree. Great flick. The internal discord was wrenching.

14. Thunderhoof

Thunderhoof 250+ Posts

I thought this movie was alright.

To bring up an earlier thread, I'm glad I rented it and didn't pay full price.

I will never understand how History of Violence generated all of the hype that it did. It's one of those flicks that I don't really like, and then find myself arguing with people who thought it was great for some reason. It was overrated. Cronenberg is overrated. And for the last time, yes, yes, everyone knows that sex and violence are connected for some people in some situations -- I for one don't need a ballsack in my face to figure that out.

Viggo Mortenson is a really talented guy, though. Nothing to do with his nuts, but I heard an interview with the guy and he speaks several languages. I'm looking forward to seeing him as the dad in The Road.

15. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

If you want to see another Cronenberg epic film go rent Videodrome...........Yikes!

PS Debra Harry does NOT look good in that movie either.

16. wacohorn27

wacohorn27 25+ Posts

Fantastic storyline, interesting characters, cool twist in the plot.

I'm willing to look at a guy's nutsack for that.

Very good, maybe even great, movie.

wh [​IMG]

17. TEXumAS

TEXumAS 25+ Posts

solid flick w/ a pretty original script. You haters can keep enjoying Spiderman 4, or whatever 12 or so comic book movies that H'wood throws at you evey year.