Eating Crow

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Valmy77, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

I stated time and time on this board that due to Texas' head to head advantage over OU that they would never pass Texas in the BCS. I was obviously wrong.

Not that I had much to do with it but my days of rooting for OU are over. I clearly underestimated the might and power of Sooner Magic. Everything that could possibly go right for them pretty much did. It was truly incredible to watch Baylor blow their lead, Missouri give up that 4th down TD, Nebraska hit that 57 yard FG. Switzer clearly passed his voodoo magic onto Stoops.

2. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

Starting Friday afternoon, virtually every game could have helped us did not go our way.

Alabama winning
    Florida winning
    Tech winning
    Nebraska winning
    Kansas winning
    Oklahoma winning
    Oregon winning (USC Pac10 champs now)

that is lousy.

3. BRay2244

BRay2244 500+ Posts

I argued with my brother last night because he could not understand why I was pulling for OSU. I like our chances much better with getting OU out of the top 5 and we sit and wait for the dust to settle and walk right into the MNC.

Maybe that sooner magic wears off this week with Bradford a little banged up, Chase and Mizzou need to avenge not only last year to OU, but last week to KU. Remember when we hit our 4th tough game in a row what happened? Maybe Mizzou comes out with a nothing to lose mentality. They should because they don't. Hook'em Tigers!

4. alt875

alt875 250+ Posts

This is just god's way of reminding us that we should NEVER root for OU. Even when it seems like it's the only way we have a chance, we should never ******* root for those cock suckers. I would have much rather seen Tech go.

5. BRay2244

BRay2244 500+ Posts

6. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

7. drborange

drborange 500+ Posts

What alt875 said.

8. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

My heart is heavy, but my conscience is clear.

9. BEVO_02

BEVO_02 < 25 Posts

Boy, I agree! I was so punch-drunk right after our loss to Tech (as I'm sure most horns were), that I developed tunnel vision and wished nothing more than to see tech get slaughtered by OU.

I will be more careful of what I wish for....

I would much rather Tech have one MNC (which is measly compared to our four), than watch OU go and get their 8th*.

Having that been said, I want to completely humiliate TTU in Austin next year. If not for any other reason than to repay them for screwing everything up. Worthless shits...if your going to derail the #1 team, for god's sake, finish the season strong! No wonder you've never accomplished anything!