Ebay question

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Dr Fear, May 9, 2008.

1. Dr Fear

Dr Fear 500+ Posts

I sold a motherboard on ebay. The product description is ultra precise - " ASUS A8V-XE 939 VIA K8T890 ATX AMD Motherboard". I even went to the added difficulty of shipping to Canada. The, today, the guy shoots me a message saying that he didnt realize this board had PCIx16 and not AGP graphics. My auction said nothing about refunds. Am I well within my rights to tell this guy to get bent? There is even a link to the newegg product page that clearly shows this is a PCIx16 only board.

2. RoundRobin

RoundRobin 100+ Posts

Did he already leave feedback? If you sell regularly you might consider a refund with him covering the shipping. If not, screw him.

3. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

It's his fault for not doing a little research or asking questions before he bought the item. If you plan on selling other items on ebay, I would accept his return but he would have to pay for shipping the item. It may cost him more to ship back to you than taking the loss. I never buy from an ebay seller who has less than a 95% favorable rating.

4. BoogityBoy

BoogityBoy 250+ Posts

You can risk the smudge on your feedback and tell him to F.O. because you can at least respond to his negative. You have no risk if he complains to Ebay.

5. UofTOrange

UofTOrange 250+ Posts

If he leaves negative feedback you are well within your rights to argue it with Ebay

6. BoogityBoy

BoogityBoy 250+ Posts

You can argue it, but Ebay doesn't retract that easily. I had a guy try to scam me on a laptop purchase, I reported to ebay. He got kicked off but they let his negative feedback stay on my record. As I said you can respond to the negative feedback to work into your favor