Eddie Johnson to Fulham

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by groundss, Jan 23, 2008.

1. groundss

groundss 100+ Posts

2. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

In reply to:

3. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

The EPL is probably the best league for a player like Eddie. Chuck & run, virtually no skilled dribblers, and very physical. Hopefully he can improve his absolutely terrible touch and get rid of that pesky habit of passing the ball backwards every time he touches it.

Decent finisher, world-class speed. Not sure how much time he'll get if King arrives, but I'm glad he's testing the waters abroad.

4. Seabrook

Seabrook 25+ Posts

Fulham USA! [​IMG]

I hope Eddie finds his form with them. He's definitely got the potential to be a good striker.

5. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

I like EJ a lot, but he has a long way to go. I think this move will be a make or break thing.

6. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

Agreed. But, have you seen Fulham play this year? Freaking Taylor Twellman would be an upgrade over the pairing forward Dempsey has been matched up with.
    EJ's got the skills. Maybe they can be honed overseas. Maybe he's a late-bloomer. Nevertheless, it's a win-win situation.

7. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

I think the US national team will only improve if they get players who play in a more technical league like Spain or Italy. The EPL doesn't really add much from a skill standpoint to the US players. IMO, technique, not pace and strength, are needed for the US national team to improve.