English Trifle

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by numbereleven, Dec 20, 2007.

1. numbereleven

numbereleven 250+ Posts

Seeking a good English Trifle recipe. Found some good ones online, but figured I'd go to the source. And don't skimp on the booze.

Thanks in advance.

2. ERhine

ERhine 250+ Posts

I haven't had trifle in ages. I am also curious for a good recipe.

3. judgroybeanbag

judgroybeanbag 500+ Posts

I feel gay just reading this thread. [​IMG]

4. SomeMildLanguage

SomeMildLanguage 500+ Posts

Maybe I've just never had a good one, but these things are the worst desserts I have ever had. Just awful.

5. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke 500+ Posts

My stepmom's english. Her brother brings one from a place in London every other year they come.

It's made roughly 8 mths in advance, soaked in, and replenished w/ some kind of brandy/whiskey combo every month.

It will knock your dick in the dirt fer sure.

6. numbereleven

numbereleven 250+ Posts

Huh, this turned out to be less than helpful. TTT for one more try.

7. shorty

shorty 250+ Posts

Looks to me like this is something you could make wtih stuff you think would make a good combo. The first layer is some type of cake.that you have cubed or torn into chunks. Sponge cake, pound cake, or lady fingers are commonly used. Next is a layer of wine or liqueur that will compliment the cake and fruit you use. Next is a layer or fruit jam or fresh fruit maserated in sugar. Maserated simply means you have mixed 1/2 cup of sugar with berries, peaches or plums and let them sit for an hour. The sugar will pull juice out of the fruit. You could use the juice from the fruit instead of the spirit layer. Use the juice the sugar draws out of the fruit. Next is a layer of custard. This could be lemon curd, pastry cream or some type of pudding you think would be a good mix. Next is a layer of cream and the final layer is some type of cookie crumbs on the top.

Get creative and have fun with it.