Enough is Enough

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by IdahoanHorn, Jul 12, 2012.

1. IdahoanHorn

IdahoanHorn 250+ Posts

So like many of you i watched the replay of the Aggies and Horns. I loved it as much as i did on Thanksgiving... but i have been thinking about this alot. I hate Aggie and wish them the worste in the Sec but... someone has got to figure this thing out. i love watching the aggies loose in every way possible but nothing... and i mean nothing.. is better than Texas kicking there ***!!!! There is no reason they dont continue the rivalry. I know many of you would rather never hear of aggie again but i for one would like to see them play.

2. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

Then invite them to play Boise State. Surely they'll find a way to blame the loss on the smurf turf.

3. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

No. Like a child, aggy needs to know that decisions have consequences.

4. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

I don't think they want anyone as lowly as the sawed-off Horns on their schedule anymore. They have bigger fish to fry. [​IMG]

5. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

6. IdahoanHorn

IdahoanHorn 250+ Posts

Boise States Out of confrence games are true bcs challengers....

7. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

What Shiner said... they need to be accountable. IMO this conference change is not good for aggy long term. They will have a conference full of teams that will OWN them in football. They will be thought of along the lines of Vandy, Kentucky, Mizzou and Ole Miss - although Ole Miss possibly might own aggy.

8. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

9. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I'm just fine with agricultural NOT showing up on UT's schedule in any sport for at least what remains of my life.

10. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I'm fine with continuing the rivalry. As long as aggy is in the Big12.

Otherwise, no.

11. Pericles

Pericles 1,000+ Posts

They left because of an inferiority complex and crapped all over Texas in the process.

Done. Finished. Kaput.

12. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

If we were to continue to play aggy, it would be rewarding them for bad behavior.

They need to understand that if you're going to dance, you've got to pay the fiddler. Actions have consequences.

13. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

There is this enormous relief on the part of most UT fans I know of that we no longer have to explain agricultural's weirdness to anybody else, much less have to put up with it any more. Why on earth would UT WANT to schedule the farm school in anything for at least a couple of decades??? I think also that the cult left a really bad taste in Deloss Dodds' mouth, and he's the wrong person to whiz off if you have any hope of scheduling UT in anything. I get the idea that as long as he has any connection with UT, aggy's whistling Dixie if they think they'll play UT in anything except a bowl game. (Pun intended)

14. snotrocket

snotrocket 100+ Posts

Never again.

27-25

15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

16. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

17. IdahoanHorn

IdahoanHorn 250+ Posts

I will agree that Ou vs Texas is the bigger rivalry but.... the hatred between Ou and Texas isnt the same. Ou has there own little brothers to worry about were aggies are always playing catch up

18. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

uh, I almost understood your last post [​IMG]

19. IdahoanHorn

IdahoanHorn 250+ Posts

I guesse what i am trying to say is Ou actualy competes year in and year out were we have dominated a$m but in my opinion aggie is more hated and dispised than OU

20. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

Good Lord, Idaho --- Enough IS Enough -- with the spelling!

21. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

22. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

NO!! They want to be out from under our shadow, so now they are. No reason to ever play them again. They can establish new rivalries with schools and fan bases that are similar to a$m's like Missiissippi State....

23. IdahoanHorn

IdahoanHorn 250+ Posts

I understand you are all a little but hurt about brother turning there back on us but... as much as i hate saying this. A&M is as much of our tradition as bevo.

24. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I'm not butt-hurt. I'm dancing with glee that they're gone. Who gives a f**k that they "turned their back on us"? I gladly watch them go.

25. IdahoanHorn

IdahoanHorn 250+ Posts

When thanksgiving comes around and the turkey doesnt taste as good, maybe then it will sink in [​IMG]

26. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Butt hurt over the cow college heading east??? I might come closer to missing an ex wife than missing anything about the cult. My only complaint about eaTme leaving the Big XII is that they took so long to do so...and I can only speak for myself, but I'm gonna be whizzed off like crazy if I see them show up on any UT schedule, any sport, other than a bowl game which UT has little control over. My response to agricultural in the conferacy?..."Well...Bye".

27. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

28. IdahoanHorn

IdahoanHorn 250+ Posts

well maybe i am the only one that feels this way, but there have always been 2 games you know when they will be and were they will be before the schedule is even released. it has been this way for a reason tradition. Tradition is what seperates college from the pros and it doesnt seperate it by much now days i just hate to loose it.

29. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Uh, the game has not always been played on Thanksgiving

30. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

You're probably not the only one Idaho, but I doubt it would take long to call the roll of those who'll miss the cult on Thanksgiving. My turkey and dressing's gonna taste just fine...and then I'll enjoy the TCU game.