Epic Fail

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Longhorny630, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

2. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Ah the irony.

Reminds me of the woman who crusaded to have all those stop signs installed in Hyde Park and then was hit and killed on her bicycle because... she ran one of them. [​IMG]

3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

It's hard to feel sympathy for some people, but there is plenty of evidence that helmet laws don't save lives.

4. utmck

utmck 500+ Posts

Doesn't make a lot of sense if you are going to allow motorcycle riders to not wear helmets, but make drivers wear seat belts.

5. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

I know I'm late to the party, but I read about this while on vacation up north.

The next day, or the day after that, there was an article about a local man (still up north) who either made some high-grade fireworks or got his hand on some (the kind that require Federal Govt intervention and all that), but anyway, this guy (40 yo or so, two kids) set off his fireworks in the street in a big bang and huge cloud of smoke. Neighbor came over to find his headless torso.

I thought it was going to be Head Week.

Not Using His Head

6. SunBurntOrange

SunBurntOrange 500+ Posts

I don't know about ya'll, but the gene pool just feels cleaner to me.

7. The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas 500+ Posts

having wrecked my motorcycle and seeing the silver dollar sized gouge in the back of my helmet, I find it difficult to believe that a requirement to wear helmets wouldn't save lives.