Epstein Case

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Jul 8, 2019.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Two primary guesses would be that it calls into question a potential review of a lot of antique cases where pleas were had prior to the various crime victim acts and, secondly, that if the plea is set aside, you have no defendant in this case to bring back for trial.

3. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

But does the BA really care about that or were they wanting to bury this stuff?

4. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I would want to know more about the specific position statements that were briefed. From the standpoint of the DoJ, there ARE legitimate reasons for the underlying question, setting aside ANY Epstein-elements of the case), not to go to SCotUS.

Too many people will be lost in the Epstein equation instead of viewing it from the elements of law and due process. They ALSO refuse to process the reality that, if the Plaintiff had prevailed, then the conviction gets set aside and, oops...no ability to retry the defendant, thus removing Epstein from the list of convicted felons.

5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Who thought it couldn't get any more bizarre?
    "Sitrick & Company, the global crisis public relations firm who has a client list of the rich and powerful — including Jeffrey Epstein — was burglarized over the New Year's holiday by thieves who stole company computers and servers just hours before a trove of long-sealed court documents related to the admitted pedophile were released."
    LOVE THIS COMMENT
    ""It didn't cross my mind," Sitrick told Los Angeles magazine over the phone Thursday when asked if he was concerned about the timing of the burglary, just hours before a years-long records fight ended when a judge ordered the release of roughly 900 pages of documents from the 2015 federal civil case Giuffre v. Maxwell. "
    https://lamag.com/crimeinla/jeffrey-epstein-former-fixer-michael-sitrock-office-burglarized

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  6. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

This is all to protect government officials and their friends and allies around the world. This is why I am skeptical of everything our government does and whoever they call friends. The whole system is corrupt and they are illegitimate. That includes all 3 branches of government. That doesn't mean there aren't some good people who are in the government. They work for what is right and to protect others. But categorically the US federal state is a criminal entity including the military at this point. Sad to say.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This is dark, but I had to laugh.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Here's another dark one.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

It is funny that This scandal erupted just as the Demx and whoever the puppet masters are were close to having everything else all nicely sewn up for themselves.

11. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Is this news item linked to Epstein? I find this whole thing super crazy.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  12. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

What would you do if you were walking down the street and saw this character popping out of the subterranean world?

13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

You really hate Jewish people, don't you? You're certainly willing to believe any cockeyed conspiracy theory about them, it seems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well that timing couldn’t be more interesting. Wtf?

15. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

How many bat mitzvahs have you been too? How many Jewish people do you shared a close relationship with? My answers are all non-zero.

But back to the events. No one knows what was going on. I didn't link the tweet because I am for sure saying this is about sex trafficking. I more wanted to show what was going on. Ignore the commentary in the tweet and watch the videos. They are bonkers and entertaining regardless of what is really going on.

But you do have to ask yourself the question, why are there mattresses with spot stains of blood and others of crap in the tunnels? It's very strange regardless of the answer.

16. Sangre Naranjada

No, I don't, because I really couldn't give a rat's ***.

17. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Then why respond at all? If you don't care, then quit acting like you care about it.

18. Sangre Naranjada

What I care about, to a small extent, is how much a fellow poster here seems to be happy to show us conspiracy theories benefitting Palestinians, in the case of the war, and more conspiracy theories darkly hinting at sexual trafficking with absolutely zero actual evidence.

That some guys dug a tunnel in NYC, about that I give not one squirt of ****.

19. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

You're so worried about Jewish people to care about what Jewish people are doing even though you don't know any Jewish people. :e-face-tears:

Ok. Just stick to what your favorite Leftists at NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, and the Washington Post say. They will always tell you the truth and are loyal to the conservative cause.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  20. Sangre Naranjada

Wrong. I simply didn't choose to respond to that.