Eric Dickerson

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by dukesteer, Feb 13, 2022.

1. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I’m reading that because the Rams will only make tickets available for him “in the rafters,” Dickerson has chosen not to attend the game today. This falls under the category of “who cares?”

I’ve lived in SoCal since the late 70s and my recollection is that Dickerson was never particularly well liked by the fan base here when he played for the Rams. The reason is simple. Dickerson is and has always been only about himself, and nobody else. That was obvious when he was playing and that’s why I believe the Rams got rid of them.

I suppose once entitled, always entitled. The only person impressed by Eric Dickerson seems to be Eric Dickerson.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I can see it both ways. Dickerson had some spectacular seasons as Ram and is in the Hall of Fame. Maybe it would be a humiliation to sit in the "cheap seats." Then again Super Bowl seats. ....all of them are valuable. Not sure how much value there is to put another "celebrity" in the seats from the Rams POV. All in all this may be a "win-win" with the seats likely to be occupied by someone really glad to be there.

3. orngblud

orngblud 1,000+ Posts

I certainly don’t know the guy personally, haven’t even met him just once, but he absolutely gives off all the vibes of douchebaggery…

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. William Bush

William Bush 25+ Posts

His douchebaggery goes all the way back to Sealy HS.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I'm sure that's the way the booster who paid for the "Trans A&M" feels.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Dickerson has always struck me as a guy who is for himself first and second, and everybody else can go to hell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Dickerson's persona is summed up in his last name, specifically the first syllable thereof.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

He's right, you know.

9. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Randomly reading old posts....

For me, some seats at a live game are better than watching a game on TV, and some seats are not as good as being at home, or at a super bowl party in this example . If I am really interested in a game, sitting behind the goal posts or way up high, I feel that I missed the game itself, even if there is energy in being in the stadium.

Ok, carry on....

• Like Like x 1
  10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Seems relevant...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

He should just run for elected office. Then, with no media questions being asked, he can join the mayors of LA, Cincy, the CA governor, various LA county officials, etc., all sitting around in $7000 plus seats.