Erin Andrews

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by 1963_Frosh, Jan 4, 2013.

1. 1963_Frosh

1963_Frosh 250+ Posts

Why do they let such a skanky-looking woman with the most irritating voice of all time have anything to do with broadcasting football? I have to mute the TV every time she speaks.

There, I'm glad to have that off my chest. [​IMG]

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I have something to put on...wait, I would like to, wait...I will refrain. But I don't share your opinion. she's not the hottest but not lacking. She has, um, spunky personalities.

3. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

I mute it every time any woman is involved in football broadcasts. They have no business being there.

4. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

5. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

The glasses make her nose look big, which makes it look like she's wearing one of those Groucho noses. Still looks pretty good, though.

6. blym

blym 250+ Posts

7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Lets see- Eddie, Joey or Erin? Yea, Erin is the ugly annoying one.

8. SectionThree

SectionThree 500+ Posts

I have ridden myself of her because she snores. Before that, tho, she is great.

9. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

blym^^...if I have to explain that to you, then you are the truly ignorant one.

10. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Since I was complaining about vaginas on another thread, I just want to make it clear that I have no problem whatsoever with Erin Andrews vagina.

11. omnipresent

omnipresent 1,000+ Posts

12. It Hurts

It Hurts 100+ Posts

My wife walked in during the half time show and said what the hell does a women know about football? Why is she on TV.

13. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I'm really glad that 1963 posted this thread. From my perspective, Andrews

a) Is only marginally attractive. I'm just saying...

b) Is a very "rough" show host. In other words, the Fox show really feels like amateur hour.

c) Her knowledge of football seems deficient. Perhaps it is not. But the presentation is disappointing.

When a highly competent woman is broadcasting sports, you forget that a woman is broadcasting... The fact that we are discussing Andrews validates my point.

14. Fritz

Fritz 500+ Posts

In fairness to Andrews, 90% of the guys announcing suck.

Why is it that America can't field some decent announcers? How hard is it to be familiar with a depth chart and the rule book?

15. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Week to week it may be tougher. For the studio guys, tougher still. I have not paid that close attention to it but I would assume that by the end of a season, as names get more familiar, they are smoother. But to have to know so much about so many programs it's sort of amazing they do what they do. That said, many are still tools. Cough, cough, Lou Holtz, cough cough.

16. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

putting attractive women on to read or whatever is a trend that is demanded by demographics within the advertising world and most of us find her more than a litte attractive even if her voice is a little too high in the register.

More women are following football than ever according to viewer surveys and they would rather see a woman and a couple of jock men than a bunch of jock men.

Speaking of which, most of the jock men who comment during pro games and at the halftimes of them are a step above the knuckle draggers of the paleolithic times. They remind me of my retard high school football coach. A lifetime of 4-6 seasons and it is the kids' fault (or Tony Romo's, etc.)

17. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I will concede that the standard by which woman are judged is more challenging than for a man. It may not be fair but it is true. In other words, who gives a crap what John Saunders looks like? Ah, John Madden was no ...beauty queen.

But again, when an announcer is highly competent, rarely will anyone care how they look.

18. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

Erin or Holly Rowe??? aggy would pick Holly for sure. [​IMG]

19. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

To the OP.
    Dude are like 12 years old? You guys are like a bunch of cat fighting office gossip girls yourselfs. Goodness, I thought this was a football board not a jr high gossip forum.
    This needs to be moved to the all time most worthless post in posting history.

20. 1963_Frosh

1963_Frosh 250+ Posts

My main problem with Erin Andrews is her loud, irritating accent. Gitmo prisoners would be begging for mercy if her voice was piped into their cells.

And yes, I do believe that all football female sports reporters are worthless; their job description was created to appeal to the prurience of younger deadhead male audiences. Just google “sexy sports reporters” and see how many lists you can look at.

I have nothing against female sports reporters in general. Dottie Pepper was an excellent golf reporter for NBC and I enjoyed listening to her. But there is a huge difference between Dottie Pepper and Erin Andrews.

21. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

63 Frosh, you are rapidly becoming my hero for the day. But lock your doors, close your windows and pull down the shades. The Political Correctness Police will be patrolling the streets near your home soon.

(FYI, I have been in lock down mode for years.)

22. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Okay, I'll take a contrary position. I think she's effective at what she does.

Yes, she's not on the same planet for football knowledge as Troy Aikman or whoever. Yes, she rides the wave of being pretty (not supermodel, but pretty), thus adding some sex appeal to the crew. Yes, the networks are trying to basically force women onto the broadcasts as some type of affirmative action or something, so she hasn't earned her position the same as the men in those jobs.

Still, what she does is make the TV broadcast coed. She's a girl, and she likes and talks about football, and she does it like a girl. She's not a dyke, and doesn't play the "I'm as tough as a man" role, and doesn't copy them. I think she has a good personality, and her voice is fine, too.

What I think she brings is that she simulates what it is like to have a girl in the room watching football with some of the guys. From the network's perspective, that's what they get, too. They want female viewers, so they want "regular' girls to feel comfortable that they can get a grip on football and enjoy it. Most of the "best" female sports announcers--such as some of the tennis and basketball broadcasters who are truly excellent in their knowledge--talk with deep masculine voices and over-control their personalities in an uncomfortable dyke-ish way, not very appealing to men or women.

So, Erin has a proper niche, and I think she plays it well.

(I guess my defense of her is even less PC than the attack.)

23. pluckeye

pluckeye 250+ Posts

What VYFan said.

24. Longhorn Mike

Longhorn Mike 100+ Posts

I'll take Erin in heels and leather skirt over the other two guys anyday.

25. HornTYS

HornTYS 100+ Posts

26. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Now that I have had some time to further contemplate the topic, even though I have nothing of an enlightening nature to add -- which, by the way, has never stopped me before, I will again chime in.

The networks are all about demographics and ratings. That's it. End of story. Much of the brain deficient (if that's you, well boys, sorry) target audience is apparently enamored with Andrews. I really don't see the attraction but, well, I'm no longer a member of their target demographic. So Fox hired Andrews and is probably paying her a fortune. I say good for her. She does seem like a nice young lady without the typical chip. But that said, my previous observations stand.

27. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I would put her football and perhaps general sports knowledge up against those on this site and bet she comes out in the top 20 percent. I have heard her in a few interviews which were pretty much off the cuff and she did a phenomenal job. I also heard her speak on the issue that happened to her with the naked photos and she carried herself with class, intelligence and poise. I think she'd crush most here. It's her job and she seemingly does a good job at it.

She knows more than many others who are either eye candy or demographic draws. I am a fan of Erin.

28. SHS1984

SHS1984 250+ Posts

I wish they could clone EA so she could work every game on all networks.

29. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

30. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Place the pictures of Erin Andrews and Holly Rowe side by side.
    Now pick one.