ESPN BCS Projections - Texas #4

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ousuxndallas, Nov 2, 2008.

1. ousuxndallas

ousuxndallas 500+ Posts

1. Alabama
    2. Penn St.
    3. Texas Tech
    4. Texas
    5. Oklahoma
    6. Florida
    7. USC
    8. Oklahoma St.

This from ESPN's college analyst Brad Edwards this morning.

2. HornInOK87

HornInOK87 100+ Posts

The standings sit well with me.

The source, well not so much.

I love our horns, we'll be fine. [​IMG]

3. UTFan2

UTFan2 250+ Posts

I seriously want to cry [​IMG]

..... but I do like the ranking projections. I think that a 1 loss Texas should be above USC and Florida considering who we lsot to and our schedule.

4. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts

I just hope Penn State loses. The SEC champ vs. the Big 12 champ for the other BCS spot would be an ugly debate. Someone would be left feeling jobbed.

I said after USC's loss to Oregon State that this season sets up as an SEC vs. Big 12 battle for the national championship. I hope I'm right.

Let's see if Tech is *really* for real the next two weeks. If they are, my hat's off to them.

5. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

Our remaining schedule doesn't do us any favors though for strength in that category.

6. Rovalo

Rovalo First Time Poster

Bama and sand fleas will both drop soon. tech next week. Penn state will find a way to screw up. [​IMG]

7. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

If we take care of business against Kansas, Lorbay, and the Ags, then let the chips fall where they may. Should Tech actually win out, let them have their greatest season in their history. Colt still has to be considered a frontrunner for the Heisman, especially the way he led the offense in the second half.

If we end up in a BCS bowl, hell, Ill be thrilled. I can remember crap Tech teams beating us in Lubbock when they certainly had no business doing so, but this year they seem legit.

Their Dline and Oline were dominant in the first half, and that was the difference.

8. OK State is WAY underrated at #8.

And FWIW, I think OSU is set up well going into Tacoville. Great win by Tech, no doubt. But I've seen so many teams get that signature win, celebrate with the fans rushing the field like Tech had last night, and then have a hangover the next week. And the thing is, OSU's good enough to beat Tech by about 10 if there is that hangover.

9. UTatYale

UTatYale 25+ Posts

If we are #4 this week, that is huge. There's an excellent chance that the South will be a three-way tie, in which case BCS ranking is the tiebreaker. As long as we stay ahead of OU in the BCS rankings, I like our chances.

10. UTatYale

UTatYale 25+ Posts

If we are #4 this week, that is huge. There's an excellent chance that the South will be a three-way tie, in which case BCS ranking is the tiebreaker. As long as we stay ahead of OU in the BCS rankings, I like our chances. Remember, this is a Tech team that needed OT to be Nebraska at home. They played our of their minds last night, but there's no reason to expect them to run the table.

11. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

ou still has tech and okst to add to their SOS. tech still has both ok teams. we add baylor and aggy. tech also has baylor to anchor them. the other south teams will catch up to us in SOS these next 3 weeks.

i think sparty beats penn st which would open the door for a big 12 champ vs sec champ title game. then its a matter of texas, tech or ou winning the south and the conference and bama or florida winning out.

usc would be the monkey wrench, but the computers should keep them as a lower ranked 1 loss team.

12. TexasTower

TexasTower 500+ Posts

Our season is not lost. Still many things left to accomplish.

13. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

LSU beats Bama this week.

The pressure is no on Tech to maintain playing at this high level. They will cave. Dez shows the nation on Sat. he is the best WR.

Okie St. is a more well rounded team than Tech. Texas played as poorly in the first half as they could have an still had a chance to win. Texas beats Tech 7 out of 10 times.

Tech cannot stop the blow u offense. That game is going to be a shoot out.

[​IMG]

14. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

15. EllCee

EllCee 100+ Posts

Alabama is going to skull f**k LSU. LSU has no chance to win that game. They are not a good football team.

16. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

USC should continue to get hammered with SOS seeing as how yet again the only other ranked team lost and should fall out of the polls. I think they should be the only ranked team in the entire conference. At best they will have a team at 24 or 25.

17. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

18. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Yeh I can't see USC getting love in the computer polls.

Florida is a team that can continue to move up as the season goes on.

Oklahoma as well has 2 big games coming up against Tech and then OSU. They will move past Texas eventually if they win both of those games. However I think they lose at least one of those....likely Tech.

Thus OU if they win out and Florida if they win out will be better 1 loss teams than UT, with what we know now. We need Tech, OU, and Florida to lose at some point in the regular season or championship games.

19. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

20. ut1978

ut1978 100+ Posts

The RB is going to crap a pineapple if they have to do a repeat USC-tOSU matchup.

21. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

USC vs tOSU is not going to happen. Penn st is headed to the rose. (because the bigxii and SEC is headed to miami. [​IMG]

22. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

USC vs tOSU is not going to happen. Penn st is headed to the rose. (because the bigxii and SEC is headed to miami.) [​IMG]

26. Shark4

Shark4 2,500+ Posts

27. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

28. anhyzer

anhyzer 250+ Posts

29. Tama_Horn

Tama_Horn 250+ Posts

Texas is number 4 as shown on the bcs show on fox