ESPN v. ESPN3 - What can you tell me?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by 14tokihorn, Aug 22, 2013.

1. 14tokihorn

14tokihorn 1,000+ Posts

I've taken a look at the upcoming CFL scheduling on Internet.
    So, for the 1st week, for example, ESPN will carry N. Car. / So. Car. and the same game is listed for ESPN3... with an *asterisk* noting that a blackout may apply.

I haven't paid attention to the streaming content since the old 'ESPN360'. Is ESPN now liable to stream the same game as they are broadcasting on cable? I guess that if they do, the games won't be a 'marque matchup' during any given week. (?)

Clue me in Please.

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I have found that if they say a game or event may be blacked out, it means "Screw you, loop, no game for you" more times than not.

It is whether the game is played in your area or not. If so, you won't watch it online. It's other regions and non-national broadcasts you generally get. I rely on ESPN3 for things like Soccer, Cricket and college sports not shown on tv often.

3. cmtsip

cmtsip 500+ Posts

What p[​IMG] said.

[​IMG]

4. 14tokihorn

14tokihorn 1,000+ Posts

OK. We're going to pull then plug on cable soon, so I'm investigating the options.

So nothing has really changed - They don't stream the prime-time games (ie: the cable content). Its still lower tier CFL games that are streamed and the other misc. sports.

5. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

If I can make a suggestion. Don't pull the cord till after College Football is over. It's sort of nerve wracking at first and a shock. I went through and people I know who have also cut the cable did too. I did so right before March Madness and watched the tourney online. I was used to it by the time football season came around.

Had I done so now, at this time of the year, I would be freaking out from tv detox symptoms. Ride it out, watch your games and start weening yourself from tv shows. Break down the ones you must have.

Maybe watch them the next day they aired online. You'll be surprised how many shows are on for free, legally. Check to see if they are on Amazon Prime or Netflix and if you wait a few months you can watch the entire season in one weekend, freeing up time on weeknights.

Don't do this now.

6. 14tokihorn

14tokihorn 1,000+ Posts

So.... I cut the cord, as of yesterday.

But for the last week I got the 30-day trial to NetFlix. Point being, I caught up on 5 seasons of Breaking Bad and I'm hooked on Br Ba.
    (indicates how much I watched cable in years past... never even considered Br Ba as a must-see).

Anyone know of some good (less than kosher if-need-be) * live * streaming sites for this Sunday night ?!
    Already checked out AMCTVdotcom - (can't log on).
    Watching the longhorns is covered, I know of sports streaming sites, just can't get on board for *live*general cable choices .

ARrrrrGGggHH !!!