ESPN

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by AustinBat, Sep 1, 2016.

1. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Just heard on their pre-game show that Texas is starting a true freshman. What do they know that we don't?

• Like Like x 2
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Hope they aren't just guessing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BevoQ

BevoQ 250+ Posts

I have noticed that every ESPN preview show and now pre game has said we are starting SB. Not even a mention of Swoopes. Just the true freshman narrative. ESPN ->LHN -> Texas -> Football -> Charlie -> Charlie's Brain
    -> Starter -> Shane Buechelle.....

It's going to be SB

• Like Like x 2
  4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Probably true, but knowing ESPN I suspect it is some pre-game clicks, eyeballs and interest in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not saying that it is right or wrong, but if ESPN can't get historical facts correct (or maybe they do have them and just choose to change them for ratings), what makes you think they are reporting accurately on this?

Scott Hill is a friend, but was a major pain in the *** in recruiting. I loved "the leaks" he provided to the media to throw everyone off, with the Dallas Times Herald being the biggest suckers. Scott would have had a field day with these clowns at ESPN.

6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Exactly my thought. Anything to generate controversy or discussion and increase viewers.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Texas is probably starting at least 2 true freshmen, Collin Johnson and Zach Shackelford will probably start if Shackelford's ankle is okay.

• Like Like x 3