Euro 2008 Trip Ideas

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RyanUTAustin, Dec 3, 2007.

1. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

Guys, I am planning on taking the trip to Switzerland / Austria for the Euro 2008 in June.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips as to getting the best deal on everything.

A flight from Austin into Zurich is only $1000, do you think I could get cheaper?

Also, how much are tickets to the games?
    I was in Holland for Euro 2000 but never went to a game...I am a novice when it comes to prices.

2. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

My advice is to try and fly into London or Paris (those are usually the cheapest flights to Europe from America) and take Ryan Air to Switzerland/Austria if Ryan Air goes that way...

3. DrunkenMic

DrunkenMic 25+ Posts

You should be able to get a cheaper flight to Zurich. Try looking from Houston or Dallas.

RyanAir is basically impossible to Zurich. The closest you can get is Friedrichshafen, which is an expensive 2 hour train ride from Zurich. And it only flies into Stanstead in London. I mad the mistake of doing that trip once. The closest it flies to Vienna is Bratislava, Slovakia.

Keep looking at those Zurich flights. I paid $600 for a roundtrip covering a six month stay (more expensive than a trip less than two months) last year.