Even When Defending Himself Rangel Violates House

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Namewithheld, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

Ethics rules..................Perfect and SOP for this idiot! [​IMG]

His trial needs to last all through the lame duck session of Congress then get booted out when the House reconvenes in 2011.

What a loser.

2. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

actually getting kicked out of power is a needed punishment

3. BrothaHorn

BrothaHorn 1,000+ Posts

4. Roger

Roger 1,000+ Posts

Rangel was found guilty, now on to the punishment phase

5. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

6. BrothaHorn

BrothaHorn 1,000+ Posts

I'm mildly surprised, he was found guilty. It will be interesting to see what sanctions he gets.

7. bronco

bronco Guest

Can someone explain how Rangle can claim the violations were no big deal and he was just sloppy and then claim he spent $2 M on attorneys. For what?

Then he was told the hearing would cost another $1M. It lasted 2 days. There is either way more involved in this or Rangle is dumber than I thought.

I also enjoy the irony that he comitted an ethics violation while preparing his case on ethics violations. He just doesn't care and, ssadly, neither do his constituents.

8. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I obviously don't completely understand the practice of law. A client pays you $2 million but when he stops putting quarters in the meter at his hour of greatest need, you go back to the office and try to get some new clients who can afford your fees? I guess you can't expect the best lawyers to work for free, but $2 million they can at least have a junior associate ask some questions and make sure a prosecutor dotted the i's and crossed the t's.

9. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

i do not see how the legal fees could be anywhere close to 250,000 much less 2 million. its a limited document, limited testimony case.

10. dalhorn1

dalhorn1 1,000+ Posts

no matter his politcal affiliation, his comments today are chock full of woe-is-me, lyhcn mob was gunning for me, pandering to deflect any punishment due. The arrogance that he has shown in neglecting to truly fess up to what he did should be enough to have him thrown out. He's the epitome of crooked politician. Too bad his constituence continue to allow him to pull the wool over their eyes when it comes time to vote him in or out.

Take your lumps like a man, agmit your guilt, and THEN beg for leniency. What a coward...