event for Lawrence, at Asters (2/28/08)

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by CleverNickname, Feb 10, 2008.

1. CleverNickname

CleverNickname 500+ Posts

I got this evite, not sure how they got my email:

Host: Aster's Ethiopian Restaurant
    2804 N. IH 35, Austin, TX 78705 US
    View Map |
    When: Monday, February 18, 6:00PM
    Phone: (512)-560-9244 (512)-469-5966

Dear Friends,

As many of you know, our friend, Lawrence Eguakun, was diagnosed with cancer over a year ago and has undergone intensive treatment to fight the disease. Most of you are likely to associate Lawrence with the World Beal Cafe on MLK Blvd, but he is also a devoted husband, father, and friend to the Austin community.

Several friends and I have organized a benefit for Lawrence and his family at Asters Ethiopian Restauarant on February 18, 2008. Please RSVP to this event by contacting me directly at 512-560-9244 or by email at: daliu@ecpi.com. In addition, we ask that you show your support for Lawrence and his family by giving generously to his efforts to reestablish his business. You can contact Lawrence directly at 512-252-0007 and can mail your financial contributions to him at: Lawrence Eguakun, 17105 Village Glen Road, Pflugerville, TX 78660. We will also accept donations at the benefit.
    For entertainment, we will have live reggae with Vida Deluxe, African drumming by Lannaya, and from KAZI 88.7 FM, DJ-RJ.

I look forward to seeing you at the benefit and encourage you to make this event a great success by giving liberally so that we can provide Lawrence with a second chance at a life he so nearly lost. Lawrence. As example reminds us how robust, but also how fragile life is.