Every teams that beats us ...

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Barton Hills, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Barton Hills

Barton Hills 1,000+ Posts

... tends to **** the bed shortly after. What's up with that?

KSU beats us ... loses next game to OSU.
    UCONN beats us ... loses next three games.
    Baylor beats us ... wins next game, but then loses to A&M.
    OU beats us ... gets worked at home by a ****** Tech team.

I'd be worried about Saturday if I was Kansas. I'm taking Iowa St and the points.

3. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

That's what really sucks. If we score anything in the first half, we beat them. There are som Big East teams licking their chops right now.

4. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

We beat ourselves (free throws...) in a couple of games, and now we've lost a bunch more

5. Full Flask

Full Flask 250+ Posts

Well, in some of the cases your listed (UConn & OU), those teams are just not very good. And they just beat us because we're not very good, either.

6. earl77

earl77 500+ Posts

The real story is that we are just totally inept currently; I would'nt be suprised to see us lose the rest of our games if we cannot improve on offense. We might out talent some division II oppenent in the Irwin Center, but I don't see us beating anybody that can play well.

7. hookem1962

hookem1962 250+ Posts

ou SLAMMED by an awful osu team...op on the money

8. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner 100+ Posts

Not really, at least in OU's case.. OU has had 2 players out (Pledger & Fitzgerald for their uber brain fart vs. Tech, & Warren (mono) & Gallon (suspended) vs. OSU) that they had available vs. UT. We're pretty thin as it is this year (even at "full" strength) & losing 2 guys for each game like that was for all intents & purposes, a death knell. There have also been some players who probably shouldn't have been out there (i.e. Cade & TMG have both had major cases of bronchitis, Crocker's been hobbled w/ a bad wheel & deep rib bruises), who, to their credit, have bucked up & gutted it out anyway. It's just been a Murphy's Law year, long story short.

9. hookem1962

hookem1962 250+ Posts

^^^^^whatever the reason they got drilled

10. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner 100+ Posts

I didn't say that they didn't get worked. Just pointing out the fact that the team that UT faced a week ago hasn't taken the court in either of the 2 games since. Had they done so & the scores of those 2 games remained what they were, then yes, I'd wholeheartedly agree w/ the OP. Have a good one.

11. hookem1962

hookem1962 250+ Posts

^^^^noted... [​IMG]