Expunging U.S. History

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Aug 17, 2017.

1. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

I would love to be a Young, Rich, one of if not the best players in the world. And a FINALS MVP and NBA CHAMPION laughing stock. He joined them and is an NBA CHAMPION and FINALS MVP!

2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

With all the supposed funding by Soros nobody yet has produced a paycheck or W-2. I guess it feels better to believe when you are vastly outnumbered the other side is just a bunch of "paid actors" rather than true activists.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  3. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Either the mods are gonna get this race baiting POS Rattfatt out of here or in the name of protesting racism the civil members here need to band together and all put his profile on ignore.

There's already been several instances he's called people here racist. He's brought nothing to any discussion but insults and allegations of racism towards a whole race and our members who disagree with him.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Y'all haven't put him on ignore yet? I haven't seen any of his comments in at least a week.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Was hoping he'd flame his tiny little, racist brain out and move along or the mods would handle it like adults. Seems I'll have to follow your cue.

6. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

I just put rattfatt on ignore.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Now that makes three of us confirmed. Good always wins in the end. :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Make that four. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

And the naive thought this would end with monuments. Six Flags Over Texas has now become One Flag Over America. All six flags they fly are now the American flag.

Hate to break it to everyone but this siege on Texas history and bowing down to mob rule has only begun...

Six Flags Parks Remove Historic Flags over Political Concerns

"Before the controversy over the Confederacy erupted again last week, Six Flags proudly flew the flags of the six nations that have governed what is now the Lone Star State. Those nations were France, Spain, Mexico, the Republic of Texas, the United States of America, and the Confederate States of America. Texas, of course, rejoined the Union at the conclusion of the Civil War."

10. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I didn't realize we have that feature to ignore. I just did it. So no more race baiting.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Me too. Goodbye rattfatt. I won't miss ya.

• Like Like x 2
  12. IvanDiabloHorn

I had to unignore him to respond on the statue thread. Ugh!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hideo Gump Jr.

Hideo Gump Jr. Summer Soldier and Sunshine Patriot

I'll go ahead & say to RF what many of us are thinking either consciously or subconsciously:

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

And yes I am aware the above is an absolute.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion......, etc.

14. IvanDiabloHorn

Hideo just went down the ignore hole.

15. Hideo Gump Jr.

Actually I crossed that particular event horizon in principle about a week ago.

16. Seattle Husker

Rattfatt is a good example of the problems with absolutism in a political context. Where their single issue is "racism" others on this board exemplify the same traits in conservative vs. liberal discussions.

Whenever anyone tries to paint an entire group of people with a brush for the actions of 1 or a few individuals we should call them rattfatt. This will signify that they are operating in a black/white world that doesn't exist and their rhetoric is less than beneficial in discussing the nuances of complex topics.

17. Hideo Gump Jr.

A wise person taught me that there were always two sides to every argument:

Yours and the idiot you're arguing with.

18. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

FYI, he was warned privately and there was also a public reminder of the posting guidelines on the Charlottesville thread. I hope that's sufficiently adult behavior for you. You're free to seek out a more mature venue though.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Now this ordeal is being turned around on me as if I'm insulting you or the moderation of this board? That's rich.

My bad for not noticing any action had been taken. Without realizing this it was getting perplexing after the multiple racist accusations lasted over a week.

The 'handled like adults' comment I made was meant as a contradicting description to my potentially needing to take less mature actions like ignoring the guy or reporting it. It was not intended to throw mud or insults at you or OB's.

That being said, the day I'm unwelcome here is also fine. That's the exact outcome trolls desire when they bait.

• Like Like x 3
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Next time just report it without commentary. Life is a lot better if you assume it is not your job to police the board.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Never come across a situation here like that. Lesson learned.

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Who is missing today?

23. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

You are probably right. But I don't know if the statue / flag issue is a hill worth dying on.

24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Snowflakes. :)

• Like Like x 1
  25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It's a pure distraction. If anyone thinks that Charlottesville was about a statue they're naive. It's like saying a divorce was over the dishes.

26. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Those of us that dont like neo nazis or antifa communists and like history would kindly ask that those engaged in the neo nazi-antifa sideshow (including Fenves) please leave Texas, Southern and American history out of it.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Certainly not, but the coming hills will be. What say you when they go after the Founding Fathers? All were slave owners.

The point is revisionist history is dangerous and knows no bounds if mob rule is allowed to destroy the accounts and products of those partaking in the norms of their time that we regard as absurd in our present.

The left has tasted success with their new strategy and you can bet they're financing armies to uncover and disseminate more historical things to attack. Confederate history was only the first domino to fall.

• Like Like x 2
  28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

You misspelled Taps

29. Seattle Husker

History is revised all the time based on social mores, awareness and new evidence. To think that history is static is naive at best. Look no further to the Texas Board of Educations' attempts to revise/retranslate history.

30. HANNAHORN

HANNAHORN 100+ Posts

You tell 'em, Seattle