falconhead golf club

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by ninerhorn, Apr 5, 2003.

1. ninerhorn

ninerhorn 100+ Posts

New course just past Lakeway on 620. This is a PGA Signature Series course. (don't know what that means) I played out there today and while I enjoyed the layout, It was still not ready IMO and not worth the $80 I payed.

I would recommend the design and suggest playing it, but wait a while for the grass to really take hold.

[​IMG]

2. Ted

Ted < 25 Posts

Thanks, I've been curious. PGA sig series means what? And the real golf question of the hour, would Len Mattiace be happy or sad after playing it?... good grief, SOMEBODY hand that man a Kleenex!

3. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

if I were him I'd be crying too

4. srr50

srr50 25+ Posts

PGA Signature means they oversaw the design, and it is the community version of the TPC courses.

I understand that this course is being used as a prototype and that future PGA signature courses will follow.

5. hooverhorn

hooverhorn < 25 Posts

Played it last weekend and agree that it is not in good enough shape yet. The greens are like trampoleens. They don't hold anything. But, the layout was good and 17 was awesome. Will be a great course, but am looking forward to others coming along also.