family member having cancer surgery tomorrow

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by capnamerca, Aug 25, 2008.

1. capnamerca

capnamerca 500+ Posts

This is the first time that I've posted here, and I really think it's the first time I've felt that my issues warranted asking for the awesome power of hornfans, and of prayer.

My uncle Mike's (by marriage) mother is going under the knife tomorrow morning at 7a in Houston. I believe it's liver cancer, but I don't have the details.

Pat Surman is one of the strongest human beings I've ever known. She's spent the last ~12 years with about 60$ of her overall mobility, after being in a freak car accident where everyone else walked away without so much as a scratch, and she broke her back. It was a very tough time for everyone, but she fought through, and earned her life back. When she found out about the cancer, there were definitely "why me" moments. No one should have to face such trauma twice, but she is, and she will.

As you can tell, their family has had a profound impact on my life. I can't say that I'm close to them, but I certainly know and love them like they were my own grandparents. Their entire extended family is an example for how to love a goodly life, with children, grandchildren, cousins aunts and uncles running rampant with love. Mike and Cindy (mom's sister) are my little sister's godparents, and I love them like they were my own parents. To see them in such anguish kills me.

Please, if I could ask for prayers for Pat Surman, as she goes under the knife on 8/26 at 7am in Houston, TX. and if you have any leftover, a few for Mike and Cindy would sure go a long way.

thanks.

2. S.A.Diva

S.A.Diva 250+ Posts

Prayers for you and your family... [​IMG]