Fast and Furious vs Iran-Contra

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by UTChE96, Apr 17, 2012.

1. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Which was worse? True, no Americans died directly due to Iran-contra but the magnitude of weapon was greater.

Its interesting to see the difference in how the mass media is handling the two stories. Iran-contra was a daily headline while F&F barely gets any air time.

2. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Dan Rather was relentless with Iran Contra. All day, every day. Now we hear crickets chirping regarding the fast & furious fiasco. The biggest issue is the freaking Attorney General obstructing justice. Kind of a big deal.

3. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

The mainstream media is on a mission to protect anything and everything that is BHO. When is it a f#%king enough of this ****. It's time to put America first. The media was all over the charges Halliburton did for supplies in Kuwait which is so minor now that you look back at it compared to GSA and stuff like that. Then you reflect on what this topic is about and have to shake your head. We as in everyone has to get past protecting your guy no matter what.

I can honestly say I was against the smaller stimilus Bush did. I knew it was wrong then and it's wrong now. So BHO got a huge Stimilus that is help sending our debt into many trillions and you still have some here supporting him doubling down and going for more. It's just unbelievable how it's not a big deal to be a f**k up anymore as our leaders of our great country. .

4. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

The mass media has been fairly shameless protecting Obama. I look forward to watching their march to irrelevance as technology allows other news outlets access to mass distribution.

5. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

Agree X 10.

6. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

The worst part about Fast and Furious is.... wait a second. NBC News is talking about Brangelina. I'll get back to you in a bit.

7. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Maybe it is just me, but I have noticed Scott Pelley at CBS, for CBS, is pretty fair and moderate in comparison to his predecessors..... I assume he does not do his own writing but, the tone is not as biting as when Couric or Rather were doing the news, maybe it is just me.