Favorite pizza?

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by Big Lebowski, Jan 9, 2002.

1. oilburner

oilburner 100+ Posts

I'm voting for Conan's.
    Like the salad, also.

2. superwick

superwick 100+ Posts

the one the guy just threw in the trash

3. Jester M409

Jester M409 25+ Posts

Mmmmmmmmm...Jeno's...yum!

4. Texas97

Texas97 500+ Posts

austin pizza near lamar & 12th.

5. Jester M409

Jester M409 25+ Posts

Austin Pizza has Jeno's? Hmmm, I've never had a Jeno's out. That sounds pretty good.

Are you sure Austin Pizza has Jeno's?

6. barrister23

barrister23 First Time Poster

AUSTIN'S PIZZA!!!!

7. Jester M409

Jester M409 25+ Posts

Does that mean "yes"? Austin Pizza has Jeno's?

Allsome.

8. Big Lebowski

Big Lebowski < 25 Posts

I just tried Austin pizza. Not to bad!

9. 89Horn

89Horn 25+ Posts

Austin's Pizza...not bad and it's cheap.

10. Jester M409

Jester M409 25+ Posts

"...not bad and it's cheap."

So they do have Jeno's pizza at Austin Pizza?

What ingredients?

11. realtexmex

realtexmex 25+ Posts

Chicago:

1. Pizzeria Uno- Boys and girls, the best damn pizza in Chicago is made by a Longhorn! Ike Sewell, an All S'west Conf. football stud, introduced the deep dish pizza that made Chicago famous years ago. I just got back from a week's vacation in Chi-town and I got a big laugh and swelled with pride when I read the story of Ike Sewell and the "Chicago" deep dish pizza. Mr. Sewell was a baller and a businessman deluxe. The Uno chain was brought to Texas but I think it has closed down now. However, the original on Ohio Street in Chicago and its sister site, Pizzeria Due, just up the street, remain Chicago institutions. You gotta love that the best damn pizza Chicagoans brag about was introduced by a Longhorn. The pizza at the original Uno is perfection. Many claim that it has been surpassed by Gino's East, but I don't hold that opinion.

2. Gino's East

St. Louis:

1. Imo's

Dallas:

1. Louie's
    2. Sal's
    3. Campisi's
    4. Pizza Paradise - Dudes, this was the stuff of dreams. Right in my childhood neighborHOOD.But one night a heartless and gutless SOB gunned down Pops, the owner, and broke all our hearts, too. I still remember going there with a huge grin and bigger appetite only to find a wreath and a note scrawled on a pizza box with a Carter's permanent marker telling us what happened the night before and thanking us for supporting the family and its business through the years. I would gun down the son of a ***** that did that to that old man and his family if I could find him today. A crying shame. This will always be my #1. Pops was a nice old man that could barely make it to the back of the counter. But once he was back there, it was pure magic. By the way, back then the older kids would talk about a garage guitar magician named Stevie Ray. The rest of us would sit on our bikes all wide-eyed and down our pizza as we listened. That was the next best thing to riding to the gravel pit behind the football field to watch pissed off high schoolers setlle their differences. Damn, Oak Cliff was the place to be.

Austin:

1. Conan - Do they still say "Conan's closes at 11" around closing time? My wife and I still chuckle at that.

2. Milto's - I wooed the wife- at the time my girlfriend- at Milto's.

12. Jester M409

Jester M409 25+ Posts

And then Jeno's...

13. realtexmex

realtexmex 25+ Posts

I was working up to that.

14. Texas97

Texas97 500+ Posts

milto's does have very good pizza. was there a couple of months ago. mangia's is also good but i like all pizza including stuffed pizza.

hoek's (spelling?) on 6th has awesome pizza although i don't think that consuming a few thousand calories after drinking alcohol right before going to bed is a good idea... but then again i have done it more than a few times. ropollo's is good as well but not as good as hoek's.

as for austin pizza, i WISH that they delivered to where i live in austin.

Texas97

15. ezgoin

ezgoin < 25 Posts

Austin's Pizza is by far the best! Great pizza, selection and the best deals in town...check 'em out!

16. rksg1

rksg1 100+ Posts

Godfathers kicked the **** out of Conans back in the day. Reverse made pizza's: Conans was thick crust and some toppings, Godfathers was thinner crust but unbelievably thick toppings.
    Aljohns was really good (owner was Geno who now owns Geno's bar and grill on South First and Stassney where the old Geno's Pizza was) but is now owned by an Asian family that don't exactly have it down just quite yet. Still have some great Strombolies and Calzones.
    I will have to try this Austin's Pizza.
    You say right at the Y in Oak Hill and about a mile down?

17. Remove Rowdy

Remove Rowdy 100+ Posts

Satan's Pizza. I mean Hoeke's. The harder the music at 2AM the better the pizza.

18. Jester M409

Jester M409 25+ Posts

If you really want to rock & roll, put on some Hendrix and rock while enjoying Jeno's Pizza Rolls.

You ain't lived 'till you've air-guitared to Purple Haze in a drunkien stupor with 7-8 steaming pizza rolls in your mouth. Bite down hard when the song starts in earnest, right after the opening guitar solo licks, and feel that molten jet of scalding sauce, cheese and pepperoni shoot to the roof of your mouth and down your throat. You'll not only hear Purple Haze...you'll feel it.

19. UTWalkOn99

UTWalkOn99 25+ Posts

You heard it here first
    Totino's CrispCrust Party Pizza (cheese)

20. Jester M409

Jester M409 25+ Posts

Cheese is for panty waists.

21. UTWalkOn99

UTWalkOn99 25+ Posts

the genius of it is that you add your own toppings...

22. Jester M409

Jester M409 25+ Posts

So I could scrape some toppings of a Jeno's Supreme and put them on the Totino's Cheese?

That might be worth a shot...

23. LonghorntheBODY

LonghorntheBODY < 25 Posts

Peter Pipers!!!!!!!!!

24. UTWalkOn99

UTWalkOn99 25+ Posts

Totino's cheese + pizza rolls (AS TOPPING) = best of both worlds

25. Born Again Horn

Born Again Horn 25+ Posts

26. Jester M409

Jester M409 25+ Posts

Totino's cheese pizza with what brand of pizza rolls on top?

If you mean Totino's Cheese pizza with Totino's Pizza Rolls on top...that's perverse!

Sicko...

27. hrn423

hrn423 Guest

Best have got to be Cozzoli's on Congress or Reale's off Anderson Mill

28. Gardner Barnes

Gardner Barnes 250+ Posts

I can **** better pizza than Jenos makes. Red Baron kicks Jeno's ***.

29. Jester M409

Jester M409 25+ Posts

Maybe you should chew your nazi fly boy pizza before you swallow it.

30. grinder

grinder 500+ Posts

So I drove down East Riverside to go to Double Dave's today for lunch...but it was gone! What the hell happened?