favre wants out of GB

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by longhornfan2818, Jul 11, 2008.

1. longhornfan2818

longhornfan2818 250+ Posts

2. Texas Wahoo

Texas Wahoo 1,000+ Posts

I think he just wants to play and it appears that's not going to happen in GB

3. GatorDave

GatorDave 500+ Posts

You know, I used to pull for the guy, but all of this on again off again BS really just makes me want to punch him in the taint.

4. 97chh36

97chh36 100+ Posts

Last I heard, Mississippi doesn't have a pro team. The word is the old fart wants to stay warm. Can anyone say TEXANS!

5. OrangeHair

OrangeHair 250+ Posts

I'm a diehard Packer fan, and I was excited about seeing Rodgers this year, but come on...they have to bring Favre back. He gives them the best chance to win this year and maybe next. I don't think the Packers will let this potential PR nightmare happen.

It's not like this is Emmitt Smith or Hakeem Olajuwan with nothing left in the tank. Farve is a potential Pro Bowler and Rodger's hasn't earned anything. Sure Rodgers is getting screwed but tough. I wouldn't blame Rodgers if he forced a trade. I'm willing to accept it might not be in the best long term interest to have Favre for 1 year instead of Rodgers for 10. They did draft Brohm.

6. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Green Bay wants Favre to get his wish.

7. origino

origino 250+ Posts

I am tired of this. Just retire already.

8. HatDaddy

HatDaddy 1,000+ Posts

If he had a bad season last year I could see them letting him go, but that isn't the case.

9. gkp

gkp 500+ Posts

He retired. Shut up, sit down, game over.

10. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

He is a great player and great players have a tough time staying away. His family is pressuring him to play and he wants to. GB would be stupid to let him go, but if they do, why should anyone hold that against Brett?

The MEDIA makes the big deal out of all of this. Brett hasn't been calling the press around him and giving interviews and drawing attention to himself, the press just goes overboard. Not Brett's fault.

MJ couldn't stayed retired, nor could many of the greats. I am glad he is going to play again, he is still too good to hang them up. The whole "going out on top" notion is overrated.

11. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

I'm am ole fart, I guess, when it comes to stuff around here--I remember Joe Willie (Namath) going to the Rams and OJ (if the glove doesnt fit) going to SF, along with Earl going to the 'Aints--dont ruin your legacy, Bret---retire, already

12. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

IMO, if Favre wants to play, let him play. It's not like he sucks. I think he has earned the right to change his mind - especially after last season.

13. LHB_SOB

LHB_SOB 250+ Posts

His last time in the game ended kinda ugly (on an interception, I think). I figured at the very least he would want to leave on a better note than that.

14. AFhorn82

AFhorn82 100+ Posts

Any idea whether he's having money troubles? And don't give me the old "he's made millions" assumption. Mike Tyson made millions too. Why is his family pushing him so hard to come back?

15. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

16. PhantomHorn

PhantomHorn 1,000+ Posts

It would be fun to see him in a Bears uniform.

17. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

This relatively old fart remembers Unitas going to San Diego for the final year of his career and getting the **** knocked out of him on almost every pass play. Of course his skills had deteriorated more that Favre's by that point and the Chargers really sucked at the time.

18. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

If his heart wasn't in retirement, why the hell did he go through with it?

I am sick to death of this Brett Favre story. Believe it or not, there are people out there who don't give a rip about Brett Favre.

19. BA93

BA93 1,000+ Posts

I think that if Favre agrees that he won't sign with a NFC or at least a NFC North team, the Packers will let him go. Of course, that agreement wouldn't be enforcable.

20. Texas Wahoo

Texas Wahoo 1,000+ Posts

22. formermav43

formermav43 250+ Posts

The Pack say he is welcome back....as a backup. This is just to force his hand to stay retired, IMO. Of course, there is no solution to this. You can't outright release him, and risk him going to the Vikings, for example. You can't trade him - public relations nightmare. And if he were to come back and backup Rodgers - which he won't do, of course - talk about controversy.

I understand he still wants to play, and still can - I thought he was crazy to go in the first place. The Packers are my favorite team, and Favre my favorite player. But he has gone too far down this road. He has to accept the consequences of his decision.

Anyway, here's the link.

The Link

23. Texas Wahoo

Texas Wahoo 1,000+ Posts

I personally hope he comes back and the Packers have to play their back-up qb $10+ million a year. That would be pretty funny.

24. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

The Packer's GM is now kind of waffling on the backup thing telling ESPN:

25. Texas Wahoo

Texas Wahoo 1,000+ Posts

“ I thought it was a little classless how Coach Brown was begging for votes after the [Texas A&M] game. I think a team's record and the way you play should speak for itself, and you shouldn't have to complain about the BCS system. ”

That is what I think of every time I hear about Aaron Rogers.

26. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

you're too old, let go, it's over...
    Feb. 29 - Favre calls McCarthy and tells him he's done and doesn't need more time to think about it.

March 6 - Favre retires on TV

March 27 - Thompson and McCarthy call Favre and he tells them he wants to play again. The decide to fly to Miss.

March 29 - McCarthy makes plans to fly to Hattiesburg. Favre calls and says forget it he staying tired.

April 26 - Packers use two picks on QBs, Matt Flyn and Brian Brohm with the 56th pick.

May 6 - Thompson is south on business and visits Favre on his own accord. Favre insists he's retired.

June 20 -- Favre calls McCarthy and tells him he wants to play.

July 11 - Thompson receives a letter from Favre asking for his release.

Douche

27. EPThorn

EPThorn 500+ Posts

I am not a Packers fan, but i love Farve and have a great deal of respect for that organization.
    I really hate to hear all this bad PR for both sides. I wish they would just take care of it behind the scenes and release some news down the line as to whats going to happen.

28. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts