FBI probe -- some assistant coaches arrested

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Joe Fan, Sep 26, 2017.

1. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Link

CDC has apparently already been working on an investigation. I admire him for getting ahead of this and for being ready to release a statement so quickly.

I think CDC has done an amazing job thus far as Athletic Director.

Keep up the good work, Chris. :hookem:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 500+ Posts

Sooo it can be worse?

3. Horns11

Horns11 5,000+ Posts

According to Bowen Sr., it sure seems like the "offer" from Texas was amorphous. Like "we'll help you acquire housing," without specifically mentioning what the help would be. That would easily be enough for the NCAA to shrug it off, especially considering the other fish to fry in this case.

Even so, we need to be better than this. Shaka had a great comment last year along the lines of "we were recruiting him and then we weren't," which told me what I wanted to hear. But it sure seems like he wanted to be in the mix. I feel like this class of kids we brought in, even though no one had it as a Top-10 type of class, is full of good kids with heads on their shoulders. Our 2019 recruiting is in the shitter with this looming over us, even though it doesn't seem to be hurting the other affected campuses like Louisville.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Much more in this thread, if interested

5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 5,000+ Posts

Schools involved in the same order as the top list:
    Arizona
    NCSU
    Kansas
    Kansas
    South Carolina

There are other adidas schools not mentioned so they are left wondering where their money is.

• Like Like x 1