FC Dallas's SuperDraft

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by THEU, Jan 19, 2008.

1. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

FC Dallas ships Ruiz back to LA which is fine by me after his play this year and the baggage that comes with him. My thought was that Dallas would draft at leat one stricker in the SuperDraft today to try to replace him up front. What does Dallas do? Drafts almost all Defensive players. One PK, and a couple mid fielders. Am I wrong right now to wonder who is going to do the scoring for Dallas next season?
    Is Dallas expecting a healthy Kenny Cooper to pick up the slack? I just don't get it.

2. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

That Mullet from Columbia was injured for part of the year as well. If Mullet (Toja) & Cooper are healthy (meaning if some guy doesn't intentionally try to break Kenny's leg again), then they have a pretty good strike force. Add Oduro (Ghana), Mina (Ecuador), & Arturo Alvarez and I think they don't really need more help help. Those guys are all 22 to 24 years old and are only getting better. Dallas has a strong team, they just need to learn to play together.

And Dallas went M/D, GK, M, F with their first 4 picks. (All in the first 2 rounds.) That pretty much fills each hole with quality. It looks like a good draft to me.

[​IMG]