FedEx ever lose your stuff?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by po elvis, Feb 15, 2007.

1. po elvis

po elvis 250+ Posts

I bought a guitar online and it was due for delivery today. I had been tracking it and saw it was on the vehicle for delivery.

I live in a condo with a gate. FedEx usually shows up 11:00-12:00 so i was keeping an eye out my office window. Somebody let him in the gate, so I see him carrying the big box thru the complex. I start walking downstairs expecting to meet him at my door. I open the door and see him leaving the box at someone else's door across the way and walking back to his truck.

I yell at him and ask him "was that for 13?" He says "no, for 17". Then he asks my name and i tell him and he says "Yeah, that is for you". We walk over to the box and sure enough it has the right address on there "13".

Man, if i had not been looking, my guitar would have been sitting at the door of this other condo for no telling how long. Nobody is living in that one. And I would have never been able to see a box sitting at that door.

How would I have proven that I had never received my package? These guys always drop off the stuff whether you can sign for it or not.

2. AhhhCraig

AhhhCraig 100+ Posts

Never lost any of my stuff, yet. Last month I was driving down Metric Blvd. and swerved to avoid hitting a package in the road. I pulled over to retrieve it, and it was a sealed Fed Ex box going to an address in Austin from NJ. I don't know how often that happens, but I imagine it happens frequently.

3. CaboWabo

CaboWabo 500+ Posts

I think the blame would ultimately be on the place you bought it from. They could have (and didn't) require a signature for delivery.

4. Brisketexan

Brisketexan 1,000+ Posts

At least 3-4 times.

Fortunately, never with any important documents (and we use them a good bit for business, and I am nervous about it every time), but multiple times with packages.

They just lose them. Two times for flower deliveries -- to the point that I am convinced that the drive just steals them and gives them to his girlfriend.

UPS -- never lost a thing for me. EVER. And I use them quite a bit. They'll even ship a brisket to Alaska. [​IMG]

5. austintex

austintex 500+ Posts

I was on an elevator in an office building once, and a guy from Fed Ex gets on pushing a big cart full of packages. As he's pushing the cart onto the elevator, a letter envelope falls off and slips through the crack and down the elevator shaft. I look at him, and he shrugs.

6. Horn_Spanker

Horn_Spanker 250+ Posts

FedEx packages always arrive in pristine condition and every single UPS package looks like it was beat to hell.

Neither suck as much as USPS!

7. 77horn

77horn 500+ Posts

Last thursday.

Ordered a printer and it was sent by Fed Ex Ground. Tracking showed it was on the truck for delivery to my house last thursday. It never got here.

Called them. Called them 4 times, they said they'd find out and get back with me...never heard back from them.

Called the vendor about it and they overnighted a new one. Supposed to be here today.

8. 01 grad

01 grad 250+ Posts

I do somewhere in the neighborhood of 150K a year with UPS. 2006 only had to file two claims for lost or damaged merchandise. fedEx, on the otherhand, just plain sucks and can't come anywhere near UPS for reliability/safety.

9. LordHornAustin

LordHornAustin 100+ Posts

A few years back my son was a few days away from leaving for a national fencing competition. During practice, one of his blades broke. I ordered a new one and had it sent next-day with UPS. It shipped from California. We were in San Antonio. They shipped it to El Salvador.
    [​IMG]

10. hornimal

hornimal 500+ Posts

yesterday I received a phone call about a customer's oxygen mask that was dropped off at the wrong location. our dhl guy LOVES to drop off our **** all around town. only this time fedex caused the blunder. the mask had been delivered to an auto repair shop. in california.

11. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

I ordered a Wilson volleyball once... FedEx had some B.S. about a plane crash over the Pacific ocean.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. veggieboy

veggieboy 500+ Posts

I was on a paid leave of absence (adoption leave) at the end of last year.

The personel office at my company screwed up my pay check, and ended up having to overnight me one via FedEx.

The next day came and went (it was right before Christmas so I gave them the whole day) with no paycheck.

I get the tracking number from the payroll person and it says the FedEx guy left the envelope "at front door". Now, I live in an apartment complex in Addison, and since I was home all day waiting, I knew that my check had not been left at my door.

After several calls with FedEx, we discovered that the driver left the envelope at a door at another complex on a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STREET and a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ADDRESS.

FedEx's response? They left a note on the door of the apartment where the dude left it asking the resident to call FedEx.

I wasn't about to wait, but FedEx said that was all they could do. I took the initiative to call the apartment complex and explain the situation. The office of the complex called the resident, got permission to enter the apartment and retrieved my envelope.

f fedex...

13. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

I like FED Ex MUCH better than UPS-

I tied to set up an automatic payment program with Fed Ex to simply draft out of my account a couple years ago because they had no ability to pay bills online. Well after two months they had not implemented my sutomatic draft agreement and I was unhappy with the service so I cancelled the account and revoked the draft authorization.

About 4 months later they put the authorization through and starting dinging me for like $10 a week, I didn't realize it for about 2-1/2 months. Never got a dime back out of them.

Fed Ex on the otherhand caught an overcharge on my account and credited me.

I once was going to get a sandwich at Ken's on Cameron road (lunch special is the best deal in all of austin) and walking across the street to my car I saw what looked like an unopened UPS overnight envelope. It had been run over enough to where I could barely make out the lable information.

I opened it and inside were two checks from Harley Davidson of North America to the dealership up on Braker and I-35. Two checks totalling $18,000+. I called and delived them to the dealer and got a nice Harley shirt for my troubles.

UPS seems to lose more of my stuff. Actually they don't lose it they just leave it in San Antonio or the Austin distribution center for 3-4 days before delivering it, after I have been forced to reorder the inventory already....

14. Tailgate

Tailgate 500+ Posts

Fed Ex has been our primary courier for 10 years. We have rarely had problems. When we do they usually end up locating the package. I can only remember one or two lost items in this many years and luckily it was not anything we couldn't easily replace.

I do like UPS also and have been looking into some price comparisons to see what we would save on shipping as most of our deliveries are Texas based.

Both the UPS and FedEx drivers that come to our office are pretty cool also.

15. DopeySearch

DopeySearch < 25 Posts

I ordered a putter directly from Titleist and had it delivered to my office (in NYC) via Fedex...when the putter box arrived it was taped to a larger box from Computer Associates. Inside the CA box was a used serge protector for a server...my putter box was empty. The CA box was addressed to a company downtown about 40 blocks away.

16. 14tokihorn

14tokihorn 1,000+ Posts

Whether its FedEx or UPS, their service seems to go in cycles, and I bet in coincides closely with their Union and the current state of affairs with the employer -

A UPS guy thought it so.... ??

17. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

The status of my last Amazon order:

18. Gen. Applewhite

Gen. Applewhite 25+ Posts

i went on a golf vacation to hilton head a few years ago. i flew continental from houston to savannah and sure enough my brand new golf clubs were not there when i got off the plane. the flight got in late at night and our first round was the next morning. there was no way they could get them to savannah before the same time the next day, so the airline said they would reimburse me for the next day's lost tee time or rental clubs and they would bring them to where i was staying the next night. nothing i could do, so i made the drive to hilton head.

the next night at about 10pm when that day's flight from houston gets in, i call the airline to confirm that they were on the plane. i talk to the driver that will be driving them out to where i am staying (a rented house about an hour away from the airport) and give him very detailed instructions about how to get there, and to go ahead and ring the doorbell because i will wait up for him, even if he doesnt leave immediately. hes cool with all this, especially when i let him know that ill tip him handsomely for his trouble, despite it being the airline's fault.

well, i wait around until about 2am and the courier hasnt shown. i call the airline at the airport and naturally they are closed for the night. i call the security guard at the gated subdivision where i am staying and ask if he ever let a courier in for my place. he says yes, about an hour earlier. despite having left all the front lights on at this house, the guy couldnt find it. me and the security guard drive around the neighborhood in his jeep planning on shining a flashlight on the front porch of every house in the neighboorhood, which there are about 100 of. we finally found my precious, custom fit, month old clubs at about the 30th house we hit. the dude left them on the porch of a completely dark, framed and insulated but ultimately unfinished house that was still under construction.

the best i could figure was that this complete moron basically just drove around the neighborhood and randomly chucked them out of the van without a care as to where they landed. to this day, i have no idea how the guy expected me to find my clubs.

continental was more than a little embarassed in their poor selection of independent contractor and, although i didnt actually lose my luggage, they comped me as if i had. to make a long story short, some people are criminally incompetent.

19. BattleshipTexas

BattleshipTexas 1,000+ Posts

20. PacSER

PacSER 500+ Posts

I stopped using FedEx b/c the driver on our street consistently dropped my **** off all over the place without good reason.

21. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

My wife and I ordered a nice back massager from Homedics a couple years ago, and it was sent UPS. We checked the tracking and saw it had been delivered... though it was no where to be found at our house. Called up customer service and they assured us it was there, and asked that we "checked behind trees and under rocks" on our property. [​IMG]

Ended up it had been delivered to a house on the other side of town.

22. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

Seriously - these co's are self insured against loss; how can they prove the product never showed up? I used to be an acct. manager for Yellow Freight & we never released anything without signed delivery. Then again, the minimum sized delivery is something that will fit on a pallet & there aren't small trucks running all over town.

What if you were to order something (anything) & say it never arrived? Or even do a "Seinfeld" & insure something like an older stereo, then claim damages on arrival?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]