Felt guilty/not worthy asking God for help?

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by GreenDragonSix, Jan 31, 2005.

1. GreenDragonSix

GreenDragonSix 100+ Posts

I was raised Catholic, went to church regularly till I went to college in VA in 95. While at school I went maybe about 6 times my freshman year, a few my sophmore year, none my junior year I can think of. I finished school at UTSA in 2001 but never took church serioulsy as I had before 6 years earlier. The only times in my college career that I went was when I was home for winter/summer breaks.

Here's my problem. I don't think I am worthy of God's graces given my past discrepancies of not showing up for mass/church or praying for anything in maybe 3+ years. Maybe its my mindset that I'm not worthy but "Jesus loves the sinners but not the sin" is kinda ringing home for me today."

What do y'all think?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I felt the same way, but then someone asked me if I thought that the sacrifice of Christ was not enough or too weak. Though, but that is what we are really saying.

3. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

God forgives all who ask. It doesn't matter what you've done or where you've been, you are always welcome back in His good graces. That's why he sent His son to die for all of our sins.

I have wandered in the past as well, but being back in a close relationship with God is where I always want to be.

All you have to do is ask Him.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even though you are busy and neglect God, He sees you and understands. He knows you're busy and knows who you are inside. Whether you're a good or bad person. All you have to do is ask for forgiveness and love Him. His love is unconditional, even when we do the worst things to Him. That's why He's so great. He's merciful and forgiving and loves us unconditionally...even when we don't deserve any of it. I encourage you to take time out to go to church when you can. When you can't, you can always talk to Him through prayer.

5. LittleHornChick

LittleHornChick 100+ Posts

i don't think God goes around judging or keeping score. He always welcomes you back and is there even when you don't think you need Him.

6. jmrob93

jmrob93 Guest

Find a good church-- I don't prefer the conventional ones, but that's me. Our church in TN has lots of small groups for being so big-- our sunday school teacher calls it a center for recovering sinners-- kind of like recovering alcoholics.
    Everyone there has a story--sometimes hearing the stories does more for me than anything-- not that you're better than someone else, but when you hear how far from the path some of them were and got their life together-- it helps you feel anything is possible. Very encouraging!

7. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

8. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

9. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts