Fencing off The Disch Lot ??

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Barton Hills, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Barton Hills

Barton Hills 1,000+ Posts

Just drove by the stadium ... looks great. But one question. Are they putting a fence around the entire perimeter of the front parking lot ?

There are posts in the ground, looking like a 4 ft high fence will be going up. Say this ain't so.

My group typically just tailgates under the tree off MLK b/c we don't have parking passes, and it makes wandering over to HF's and other tailgates really easy. We set up chairs, washer boards, coolers. The fence would detroy this. It would also rob the people in the lot of grass for tailgating.

Anyone have any news ? I pray this + the bus shenanigans does not suck much of The Disch fun away.

[​IMG]

2. tj11_hookem

tj11_hookem 100+ Posts

I just drove by too, and that's definitely what it looks like. Not sure why they would do that.

3. Barton Hills

Could it be posts they will connect with a simple chain, to ensure cars don't sneak into the lot ?

God I hope so.

4. 40 ACRZ

40 ACRZ 100+ Posts

IMHO, a 4' fence would be for something a lot more than a chain to keep cars from going under...

What could UT be thinking with all this stuff? It really seems like they go out of thier way to ruin things that have always worked just fine before.

5. tj11_hookem

tj11_hookem 100+ Posts

Could be cause the posts were pretty close together. Still stupid.

6. hornian

hornian 1,000+ Posts

A 4' fence shouldn't stop us from setting up shop there. Make it a pain in the *** to walk to the lot entrance to bring the coolers in? Sure. Stop us? No.

7. Barton Hills

Well the stakes are b/t the lot and the sidewalk where we set up ... so we wouldn't have to walk around coolers. But if we wanted to walk thru the lot, or to the porto-potties, then we'd have to hike.

We'll make it work.

We're smarter than the people trying to ruin our good time.

8. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

Even my fat *** can jump a 4' fence! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Orangeblood

Orangeblood 1,000+ Posts

Ciao!

All I know is that the south side of Lot 104 will be parking for suite/club seats (or maybe just suites) from the stadium to just east of Fantasy Island. The posts might simply be chaining off that area to keep out regular parking peons.

10. Big Jake

Big Jake 100+ Posts

The posts go all the way around and along the frontage road on the West side of the lot as well. [​IMG]

11. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

12. hornian

hornian 1,000+ Posts

I drove by today, and it looks like they aren't putting up a fence, just a chain between the posts. Shouldn't be too bad.

13. Barton Hills

Chain would be fine with me ... let the games begin.

14. tj11_hookem

tj11_hookem 100+ Posts

They are putting the chain up right now.

15. Barton Hills

Praise the Lord.

I am now relieved.

16. SA_Town_Horn

SA_Town_Horn 500+ Posts

17. tj11_hookem

tj11_hookem 100+ Posts

It's the same thing that's over there on Red River around the foundation lot next to the soccer field. I broke my cooler on that damn thing.

18. Texas_Rocks

Texas_Rocks 500+ Posts

19. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

No kidding.