Field Turf pictures?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by JesterHorn, Apr 8, 2009.

1. danny1010

danny1010 100+ Posts

2. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

as with most things, it probably comes down to cost. The Gooners have the same type field and they seem to do okay. Beat Cinncinati last year pretty bad which seemed to cinch the Big 12 South title. [​IMG]

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

3. STLHornFan

STLHornFan 25+ Posts

That gap will eventually become reserved seating for you (and only you) so you'll have a wonderful view of the south end of the field perfectly unobstructed by the wide overhanging west upper deck.

4. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

5. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

The ramps would look horrible with a veneer on them. I think the west side needs to keep it's concrete behemoth look.

6. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

I don't understand all of the beef about Belmont. I've always liked it. I guess if it is really an issue, we could enlist a bunch of taggers to do a Longhorn Hip-Hop mural over the whole thing...that would spice it up.

[​IMG]

7. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I have to say, the west side of the stadium looks pretty intimidating the way it is.... it reminds me of that castle in Willow where they fight at the end of the movie or something out of Mordor LOTR. Maybe not quite that sinister.

8. Nordberg

Nordberg 1,000+ Posts

9. King Dusty

King Dusty 100+ Posts

Not sure brick would look good on the exterior ramps on the west side, but putting the same khaki colored paint/finish that we have on the interior concrete walls would make a huge difference.

10. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

11. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Funny, in the mb-tf.com picture, the orange looks WAY more "burnt" than the ones here.

Maybe we'll just have to play on cloudy days to get the full effect.

12. Nordberg

Nordberg 1,000+ Posts

Yeah I'm much more encouraged by my picture than Texas Taps'. That orange looks exactly lilke the orange on OSU's field.

13. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

14. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

Yea, I would definately check out the setting on that camera. It appears they are putting plastic carpet where grass goes.

15. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

These questions may or may not have been answered, I did not look too closely......

1.) Is the drainage system still in place?

2.) Is there going to be crown on the field and how will it differ from the grass field, old artificial turf field?

16. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

How far off is that color balance? That orange needs to tone down about 10 nothches...if not, I'm done with Texas football. Not one more dollar comes out of my pocket for the program.

17. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

Funny how the burnt orange tiles on the dorms in the background are still burnt orange.

18. Nordberg

Nordberg 1,000+ Posts

19. jprizzle

jprizzle 100+ Posts

Good God, Texas has some complainers. Really? You wouldn't go to the games if the end zones are the wrong shade of orange? Do you realize how ridiculous that is? They could paint one end zone maroon and the other crimson and I'd still show up for the games.

They'll have it fixed by the beginning of the season. Burnt Orange is a tricky color to get right. And even if they can't get it to print just right, they'll find some way to fix it. They won't let the endzones be hot orange after all the work they've done prettying up the stadium.

Now if September rolls around and we're still sporting the extreme orange, then by all means, crow it up.

20. Slick16

Slick16 250+ Posts

How many people need to post that the color balance on the camera wasn't right before the whiners quit whining about the shade of orange in the inaccurate pictures? [​IMG]

21. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

22. jprizzle

jprizzle 100+ Posts

It is tricky. When you're working with dyes and paints on plastics it's not as if you pick a color on the pantone, plug it in and you have burnt orange. It's a complicated process.

Not to mention the fact that the pellets haven't been added in yet (I assume), which means it may get darker or lighter depending how they settle in.

We also haven't seen how the end-zones will be painted for the games. They obviously have to write TEXAS in them, there is plenty they could do then to change the color.

The stuff has just been laid down and you never know how a color will show itself until you put it in its actual environment.

Let's not all go Texags here and complain over the little things because we have nothing good to talk about. I think the stadium looks great, I think the green those chose looks nice. I think the orange needs some work, but I assume they will do that.

23. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

I didn't complain about the shade of the endzones. I am complaining about the very nature of the substance in the endzones, as well as the rest of the field. They seemed to be able to paint the grass the correct colour...

And, yes getting plastics painted the correct colour is hard.

24. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

What's the problem here? A little blood & sweat on that orange turf will darken it to the proper shade.

25. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

26. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Of all the marriages of topic-to-board, I would have thought a thread on the new turf would have been posted on "On The Field" instead of "In The Stands"!!!

This is perfect!!! Honestly, I went to "In The Stands" thinking... you know, I'll bet it's "In The Stands." Sure enough...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

27. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I see and watch the daily progress of the field turf. The color balance of the camera is not that far off. Not as far off as the end zones need to be in order to be an acceptable hue of Orange. It is not that now. It is not close. It looks like ****, to be honest. If the powers that be are not going to change it (and there is plenty of thime to do so, therefore, I assume they are going to do something) they need to rethink that decision.

I don't look at the field any longer since it makes me sort of sad. But, I am holding out all will be well and Boone Pickens is not a donor here too and demanded we have a color closer to OSU's than our own.

They are still going to add pellets. There are two flatbed trucks with large bags of them being off loaded as of this evening. I refuse to believe that the people signing the check find the field acceptable so it must not be the final product.

28. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

If the workers are wearing burnt orange t-shirts, then it's probably a color balance problem. If they are wearing traffic cone orange t-shirts, then we're ******.

29. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

30. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

KEYE-TV Austin news channel said on the 10 o'clock news Wed that the end zone color would be addressed and that it looked too much like Okla State. (don't quote me 100% on that... it was along those lines)

A few years ago, a writer for the Statesman Lifestyle Section published the exact RGB code for the Burnt Orange hue. This is not rocket science.

Right now the field looks like a cartoon on the Nick channel.

Here, off Wiki...
    Hex triplet #CC5500
    RGB (r, g, b) (204, 85, 0)
    HSV (h, s, v) (25°, 100%, 80%)

Orange (wikipedia).... has section on Burnt Orange

I can't say this is exactly the color of, say, the uniforms.

Here's a sample patched onto a Macintosh "grab" of the above pics on this thread... with a 204,85,0 RGB showing overlayed.

[​IMG]