Field Turf pictures?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by JesterHorn, Apr 8, 2009.

1. daytonhorn

daytonhorn 500+ Posts

2. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Looks pretty cool. The burnt orange looks like the old burnt orange to me.

3. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

4. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Oky, I'll revise and go along with that. Kind of like the spirit of throwbacks one game a year in the pros and sometimes in college.

So a major Sat night ABC/ESPN prime time game... best HD cameras in the business, and super colors when the "light" is cooler than mid-day (for photographic purposes). Will look stunning!!!

see.... reminds me of how aweseome the Horns look late into dark in the 2006 Rose Bowl championship game. !!!!! [​IMG]

5. danny1010

danny1010 100+ Posts

MB-TF.com has updated pics from yesterday that have a much better color setting: Link

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. updog07

updog07 500+ Posts

I love it.

However, the black around the Big 12 logo has GOT TO GO!!!

Just use white!!! There is no black in our color scheme.

7. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

8. DSORB

DSORB 100+ Posts

that field is kick ***! now all we need is to complete the south endzone construction by wrapping the stands on the first level all the way around.

9. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

That burnt orange looks fine - just like the grass field. I like the white border around the Bevo. Now the season opener cannot get here fast enough.

[​IMG]

10. TNLonghorn

TNLonghorn 500+ Posts

11. King Dusty

King Dusty 100+ Posts

Looks fine to me [​IMG] .

Next ***** and moan off season topic: Back of Jumbotron. Discuss.

12. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

13. ShortStroker

ShortStroker 100+ Posts

field looks sweet. and the remembered to add the other 40 yard line...

14. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I agree it now looks better with the white border now that the rest of the detailing is complete. I have a magnet decal to put on a car or other metal object that does not have the white border. They have some now with border around them. They look stupid. The one on the field, does not.

15. Nordberg

Nordberg 1,000+ Posts

Loop is that how the orange looks when viewing it in person?

16. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Not that I recall. I am on a two week vacation now so I have not seen it in a couple days. It did not though, no. From that picture with more white markings it look more dark than in person a week ago. They could have doctored it, maybe it darkened in the sun a bit. I dunno.

But I do know that the color in the end zones was much closer to the safety vests on the crew working on the field than to Burnt Orange. My perception could have been tweaked, they could have changed something or any other possible thing could have happened. I have not been an anti-turf guy so I did not have a bias going into installation.

I think I am a less is more guy when it comes to our logo.

17. Ramius

Ramius 250+ Posts

It's got the black pellets in it now.

Prolly didn't a week ago.

18. ptownhorn

ptownhorn 1,000+ Posts

me thinks it looks allsome you guys are idoits :)

19. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm very disappointed. I thought the field was going to be unique, the only 90 yard long field in all of college football. Why'd they have to go and add that extra ten yards to it? Should I cancel my season tickets? Can't decide.

20. The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas 500+ Posts

Field looks great! Now we need to prepare our players for anti-biotic resistant staph infections.

21. the Saint

the Saint 500+ Posts

I walked on it yesterday. It is NOT burnt orange, and the Big 12 logo sticks out like a sore thumb. I can see why the players would like to play on it. I was surprised by how much sand is involved. You definitely won't see the burns or rug rash with astroturf or natural grass.

All said, the color orange is absolutely awful, however, the lush green sure is very nice.

22. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

what color is it? In the last pictures it looked pretty good from a distance.

23. Lidig8r

Lidig8r 250+ Posts

Obligatory we need capes and black face masks post.

Are the Gatorade coolers still orange.. or did those switch to maroon?

24. bassale47

bassale47 1,000+ Posts

The season is 101 days away. Do you guys honestly believe that DeLoss would allow the season to begin on a field painted bright orange? The color will be perfect by September 5, if it isn't already. And I would imagine it looks different at field level than it does from above because of the black pellets.

25. Santafe

Santafe 500+ Posts

Agreed, the Big-12 logo is a problem. It needs to be smaller or eliminated--or better yet--be redesigned.

26. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I don't understand what is wrong with the Big XII logo.

27. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

So are they going to fix the gap in the northwest corner or what?

28. RecklessKelli

RecklessKelli 250+ Posts

Here's a question (and I'm a Texas Ex): If a tree fell in the woods, would Texas Exes complain about it on message boards?

Good G-d guys! Give it a rest. It looks fine. Sit down, open up a Shiner, and RELAX.

29. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

I hope they do something about the high air temperature where I sit

30. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

So, brick facade on the east side or no? [​IMG]