Final Ranking

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by FWHORN, Jan 2, 2019.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

@Dionysus, I agree, however, we dominated Georgia. That is my only complaint is that they vote them ahead of us. Oh well. Rankings never have made sense and likely never will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Number 9 is great finish, a 4 loss Texas was never jumping a two loss Georgia but being the top ranked four loss team and finishing in top ten is fantastic.:hookem:

• Like Like x 3
  3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

If the voters were honest, they would look at Georgia's OOC schedule and how we dominated them and rank them thusly. Like I said, it will never make sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Agree - cracking the Top Ten with four losses is tough to do ahead of teams with better records. I'm pretty happy to see the Horns in the Top Ten - and amped up for next season already!:hookem:

5. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

I will gladly take #9.

Revisiting my pre-season expectations, I never would have thought a top 10 finish was possible. And I considered myself one of the more optimistic posters around here.

6. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

If the sec played 9 conference games things would be a lot different. They are padding their records with an automatic win. The acc does the same thing and look who's in the championship game almost every year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

They have Texas ahead of Maryland, West Virginia, and Oklahoma State. I'm ok if they have Georgia ahead of us with a better record.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Mack said something to the effect of before playing for a championship you had to move into the neighborhood.
    I think the "neighborhood" is top 5.
    But we are definitely in the suburbs.
    Can't complain.
    Great season.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

10. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

This team is really a 1-3 team, if they had knew how to finish some of those games and keep the pedal down. I could see this team beating Bama or Clemson, but not both.

I think the "Field" must start at 25:1.....Nebraska

11. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

I like what you are smoking, but I don't think we are quite there yet.

I agree with Moondog. We are in the burbs looking for a place in championship city. A couple grad transfers to round out the 2019 class and another year of progress in 2019 and we should be able to buy a nice lot in the neighborhood with Bama and Clemson and Ohio State.

• Agree Agree x 1