finally hornfans, you may get your drink on at DKR!

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by meadowlark, Jun 17, 2015.

1. meadowlark

meadowlark 100+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

While I support this one, we still have to acknowledge that Stevie P. included this in his all-encompassing plan to collect money off of every aspect of our game day experience. Tickets? Check Parking? Check Tailgating? Check Alcohol consumption? Check.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Like Like x 1
  4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm sure Patterson will have little to do with the pricing. Rather, Patterson will pay KornFairy a handsome sum to consult with Jerry Jones about pricing in his stadium in Arlington, as well as how Jones gets away with charging 3 to 4 times normal price for a mixed drink with 1/4 the alcohol as any restaurant would pour.

• Like Like x 2
  5. stevie_p

stevie_p 25+ Posts

Texas and Heineken. An excellent example of a premium joint branding experience for the best fans in the country.

One can expect pricing to be upper end of competitive, commensurate with the cultured atmosphere that is unique to Texas Longhorns Athletics. Our fans demand no less, as clearly indicated in the focus groups assembled by a squad of adept financial consultants and Harvard MBAs.

Hook'em!

sp

• Like Like x 3
  6. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Well at least I don't have to go to the library, I mean Endzone Club, to get my drink on at half. Ever since they priced out lower-level donors and switched the hot young beer girls with PTA moms, that place has been a morgue.

Used to be rocking in there at half, now you can hear a pin drop. Wouldn't want fans having too much fun and getting fired up during a football game. What a waste of a great game day party space.

• Like Like x 2
  7. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Brad, trust Patterson. This is simple risk management.

After all, only HE knows what is best for our fans game day experience. That includes PTA Mom's serving guests, which means they won't personally temp our over-served male Endzone Club fans like the young hot beer girls would. This means lower liability risk for the UT insurance provider, which feeds the bottom line of the colossus.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

WorsterMan,

You are absolutely correct. Our fan base has only experienced game day atmosphere at Memorial Stadium, The State Fair of Texas, and a few isolated places depending on how long they have been around. A few of us who have been attending for nearly 50 years have had to endure places like UCLA, ND, Ohio State, State Penn, Auburn, Orlando, Stanford, Ole Miss, and select members of the Big XII, and a few former members of the old SWC. The vast majority of us have never had the privilege of experiencing game day at that bastion of professional tailgating known as Arizona State University. I'm sure very few have had the privilege of game day with The Trailblazers. What can we possibly know about a quality experience should be like at Memorial Stadium?

• Like Like x 1
  9. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

No need to go to coral club durning half anymore

• Like Like x 1
  10. WorsterMan

Sabre, doing a quick count back to my first game, I have about 47 years of UT game day experience in Austin, the RRS, on the road and bowl games including the Rose Bowl. The UT game day experience @ home could be SO much better with some serious retrospection, thought, focus, creativity and strategy.

This does not mean Patterson uses the semi-simple Jerry Jones model of creatively shaking every last dollar out of the fans pocket(s). This would be a plan that would create buzz - excitement, create a unique game day atmosphere, sell tickets to the big donors, the average fan and the man on the street. Put butts in the seats while creating, incenting & cultivating NEW Longhorn football fans. This starts with winning games on the field.

You may have a great product today but you better be building your brand, winning, positioning and selling your product to the future fan.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  11. BananaChipBettor

BananaChipBettor 100+ Posts

Well, you can still go there and get the fried shrimp basket from the food trailer at the end. That trailer offers the best food in the stadium. Also, you still have the Champions Club to cool off and put a few down before the kick.

12. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn 500+ Posts

My life has become such a bore. I'm so concerned with being healthy that I rarely even drink anymore. All I see are empty calories. Why must I become old? Whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy?!

• Like Like x 1
  13. BananaChipBettor

This has to be a killer for the Touchdown Club. Those were the only outside seats where you could actually drink at your seat. Now you're just paying $4,000 a seat to sit high in the North End Zone.

• Like Like x 3
  14. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

This is the one thing that Patterson has done right. Fans might just show up a little earlier to their seats now, and we won't be missing a quarter of them when the second half begins.

• Like Like x 2
  15. WorsterMan

Give 'em credit if this strategy works to any measurable degree. The fact that many of our fans show up mid-first quarter (or later) for a football game has always bugged me... same with many leaving the game early in the 4th quarter. What the hell !!!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  16. TXLonghorndad

TXLonghorndad 100+ Posts

It's Gold Patterson; Gold!

17. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Where is this food trailer I never noticed it most likely because I have had to many coors light and any form of food would do.

18. BananaChipBettor

Corral Club. If you are entering from the east side, just walk all the way back and it's the last trailer to your left. From inside the bubble, go outside behind the port-a-potties, and it's in the far right corner.

They have fried shrimp, fried fish, chicken strips and fries. It's a white trailer -- I wish I should remember the name, but I can't.

19. BananaChipBettor

For as long as I can remember the Endzone/Corral/Whatever Club has been at the $1,000+ donation level. If you want a beer, you better get down there a little before half, because the lines are crazy long after that. It's still busy as hell and there is always a group asking to share a table with us because it's so busy.

It's hectic and the only time I recall it being even worse -- when they used to have the wristbands -- and you could find people selling them on every corner. The cards have cut down on the crowd a tiny bit, but I wish they verified ID with the scan cards. Maybe now that everyone can drink, it won't be so hectic going forward.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JustWin

JustWin 250+ Posts

Okay, so now that the re-entry policy has been revised, how do you feel about the new alcohol policy?
    Everyone gets to drink in their seats, but no more leaving to go have a drink at your car or tailgate and returning later. Now you'll pay premium prices for all of your stadium beer and wine and no liquor.

21. VulcanHorn

VulcanHorn 100+ Posts

Logic tells us that the human psyche will push the fans to purchase these alcoholic drinks at the game even though they know it is wrong to pay 3-4 times more for that drink. The need to "fit in" with the other fans will win out. Logic also dictates that one drink purchase will most likely lead to additional purchases given the new re-entry policy.

This Patterson is a smart and devious one.

22. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Not surprised at all that the one new policy with large support had an underlying agenda to remove more fan traditions and bleed every cent possible out of us.

Patterson sold it as..."now Texas fans will have the option to purchase alcohol at home games".

The ugly reality..."We have new options for game refreshments, but once you enter you'll be forced to buy them from us".