Fire CDC

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by theiioftx, Dec 12, 2020.

1. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

He is destroying the athletics department by keeping Herman. F his tweets and game day experience. I guess I’ll look forward to 2022.

• poop x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • WTF? x 1
  2. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Demolish DKR!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Dynamite the tower!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Abolish the color burnt orange!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Calm down.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  6. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Loud Noises

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

The jury is out. The opinion was that CDC was as good as it gets when he took the job. I don’t believe he has shown us much to date. One could accurately argue that his handling of the insurrection, as much as Herman’s, likely precipitated the program’s demise.

• Like Like x 1
  8. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Sabre is still onboard so I’ll wait to see what happens.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I saw it, admittedly I know nothing, as CDC taking the reigns. I actually was impressed with his leadership.

10. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

He has almost totally transformed the women's side of the Athletic Department (that will be finished when he dismisses Angela Kelly after the Spring soccer season - which is really the fall championship season).

Meyer was the only coach available worth paying Herman off plus paying $10M plus a year. CdC knows better than dismiss a coach without having an upgrade in the bag. Neither Mangino or Briles have proven championship pedigrees so they are not the answer to the riddle. CdC's women hires indicates that when he finds his man he will do what it takes to bring him in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

While his success in women’s sports is admirable, in the big picture it lacks relevancy. Fail in football and you are a failure. After all, how much money do the other sports generate? Football funds everything.

My huge beef is the way the summer was handled. Some of that is on CDC.

Recruiting is devastated, perhaps as bad as I can remember. The bare cupboard that supposedly Strong and then Herman inherited will look like a feast to our next HC. That’s as much on CDC as Herman.

• Like Like x 2
  13. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Sounds like a Plonsky? Put Yurich in with a huge incentive to turnaround the culture and beat OU and TCU. Cut the cancer out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

What if Yurich would turn out to be a bigger dumpster fire than Strong? That would destroy the program.

15. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

BBQue Bevo!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  16. LonghornCatholic

Too much?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Yea LC
    I don't get it
    What did I miss?

18. LonghornCatholic

Well, we’re abolishing and demolishing everything else UT, so....

• Like Like x 1
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Cut the cancer and leave the good stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I’m not sure anyone could be worse. This dude has lost a big chunk of the fan base and some may not come back. It’s called apathy.

No coach in memory has alienated Longhorn Nation like TH. Not even Makovic. It’s well beyond wins & loses.

So Yurcich? H yes!

We are on the verge of the worst recruiting class in forever. Currently Rivals # 17, it’ll probably get worse. Nine 3-stars. No 5-stars. Coach them up? With this guy?

CDC appears to have chosen to save 15 Mil and in doing so, piss away perhaps 5 x 10 times that much in lost BDM revenue, lost license fee revenue, lost attendance revenue and ultimately probably lost TV revenue. The brand is getting killed.

Let me repeat that: The most valuable brand in college football is getting devalued big-time because of the arrogance and poor judgment of this jerk. And we’re keeping him...

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Just wait until someone posts a link to a story about how for the umpteenth time we lead all colleges in revenue from the sale of beer mugs and t-shirts. Maybe that'll cheer you up.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  22. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

I,like you was looking forward to the next season with a new coach and players caring about the University. I think CDC is more concerned about bottom line and his image than the University. He has not shown much leadership . He decided not to fire Herman after this year because no big time coach would be available. Do we know if one will be available next year or the year after? I think CDC will leave this year and take a more lucrative job and doesnt care what happens here. I will continue to observe the team in 2021 but will give no money or root for this team. I like many fans have become apathetic to this leadership of this school.

23. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Tear down Littlefield Fountain!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Not until the horses fly!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

I tend to agree with @ViperHorn's take. With no clear upgrade in the bag, buying out Herman for an unknown is just too much risk. I don't like it at all but CDC really is in between a rock and a hard place.

Oh and turn Jester into condos

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Covid-19 saved Tom Herman. This was a business decision. Only Urban Meyer was worth the $25 million buyout and the public outcry regarding spending crazy money during a pandemic. Of course, UT and CDC are to blame for his huge buyout. You reap what you sow.....

27. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I’ve heard the argument that in college football these days you have to offer big money, multi-year guaranteed deals if you want the talent. Is that really true? I suspect it is for the big names but that’s a very short list.

I think about Charlie’s ridiculous deal and in my opinion he was not in a position of negotiating strength. No titles, very little HC experience and very limited success at that. I think someone like him would have gladly taken a 2-3 year deal at, say, $2M per with some performance incentives. It’s still good money, and if you prove yourself there’s lots more to earn. Emphasis on earn.

Herman seemed to be a hot ticket in 2017 but I don’t know how much of a competitive situation UT was actually in with him. Were others making big offers to him that forced our hand on the terms?

28. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I can't say in this forum why that salary offering, while reasonable for the reasons you stated, would have been criticized and made Texas look bad. In a different forum I could say why.

29. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

At Texas we pay big bucks for less because WE’RE TEXAS!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. LonghornCatholic