Fire Selection Committee

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Creek, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Who are those guys? Picking Aggie over Wash And O-State! Don't they know that Aggie will choke first chance they get?

• Like Like x 1
  2. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Those are the rankings of last week....definitely will be different this week....expect it to be Ala, Clem, Wash and Mich then Buckeyes........wish it was a 8 team playoff!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

It'll be Bama, Clemson, Mich, UDub in that order for top 4. If I had to guess after that, it'll be tOSU, Wisc, UL for the next three. I still think that Auburn is crap, but my guess is they'll be rated ahead of OU for #8.

On a side note, it's kind of ridiculous how some teams at or near the bottom of the AP & Coaches polls even end up there. Teams like Troy and App State are rated ahead of us. When SMU beat UH two weeks ago, someone gave them a #25 rating.

4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

tOSU made a real statement last night beating #10 Nebraska 62-3. Even though Nebraska lost their QB, losing by that margin is nuts. I expect tOSU to slide in to the #4 spot this week. One of them; Michigan or OSU will be out after they play.

5. HornDawg1957

HornDawg1957 100+ Posts

If they were putting A&M above U-Dub because of strength of schedule last week, I don't see why they wouldn't have OSU jump Washington, with OSU having added a huge win over what was the #10 team to their wins over OU and Wisconsin plus a close road loss to PSU.

U-Dub still has games with a resurgent USC, Wazzu, and, if they get to the PAC-12 championship, likely Utah or Colorado, so they'll improve their SOS. Just have to win out and hope strange things don't happen elsewhere. (I really don't want to see Auburn upset Alabama (potentially giving the committee an opportunity to get both SEC champ Auburn and one-loss Bama in), nor do I want to see Michigan lose a close game to OSU and have the committee keep Michigan in the top 4.)

• Like Like x 1
  6. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

HornDawg,
    You can't use logic when you talk about the committee. They are simply doing ESPN's bidding, which is pump the $EC. Strength of schedule is a crock. The $EC, aside from Bama, isn't any better than any other conference.

• Like Like x 2
  7. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

Pretty nice prediction Creek. It only took the 1st quarter of their very next game against piss poor MSU for t.a.m to make you look like a guru.

And if you really are one i hope you're picking Trump on Nov. 8, cause that would make these last four days monumental for me.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  8. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Would be interesting if Clemson, Oh State and Wash win out and Auburn pulls upset in Iron Bowl. That would leave committee with dilemma of having to choose between Bama and Michigan. I can hear Harbaugh crying now.

• Like Like x 1