FIRE TODD ORLANDO

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Monahorns, Oct 19, 2019.

1. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I'll just put this here (SIAP)........

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• poop poop x 1
  3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Spot on Creek. At Cougar "we give up" High the same issue with the common thread being Herman. Someday, hopefully at Texas, he will be able to be like Saban with a team that can sleepwalk through games and still win.

4. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

So it was Eagles who missed practice for a non-medical reason. Baring a family issue, could it be too many dropped passes leading to a downward move down the depth chart?

5. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Eagles was listed as starter on dept chart released earlier in the week.

6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Isn't that what just happened?
    Defensively anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I just don’t get it. We didn’t have all this seeming dissension or departures, when we stunk. What’s up now? Wish I had some inside track info.
    With Shepherd I have to think 1) he was promised playing time, 2) he doesn’t feel as positive now as after the Sugar Bowl, 3) has been told he may not start next year. Otherwise what the heck does he gain by a transfer unless Clemson, or Bama, or Ohio St have come calling.

8. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

We've always had transfers out nothing new. Will probably increase though with the new rules. Go look back at Mack's recruiting lists and see how many kids actually stayed.

9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I apologize as I don't pay attention to the early depth chart. However, I would bet he isn't the starter after missing practices.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

No need to apologize. You are more knowledgeable than me. You have a good point.

11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Now they are saying he only missed one practice and is on the traveling squad for the TCU game. Hopefully, Herman has a grad assistant type who is helping him with whatever issue he is having.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Back to the OP, I believe that because the defense has hit rock bottom, the performance will begin to improve this week.

While I am not high on Orlando, as they say, Necessity is the Motherhood of Invention. Orlando has to and will tweak his scheme and as we start to get healthier, his unit’s performance will begin to improve.

I don’t expect to see anything close to the worst defense in the school’s history this Saturday, or for any of the remaining games, including the CCG. (Yes, I did say that.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

:arrow-up:
    Really hope you are right on this. Just an average defense is all we need as we get healthy and grow up on that side of the ball.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Supposed to be back at practice

While some sites have said his issue was "personal," IT says his issue is about PT. Also something supposedly happened at practice on Sunday

• poop poop x 1
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

If the injuries meant we allowed 31 points and 450 yards to Kansas, that'd have been one thing. 48 points and 570 yards is something else. They had only even exceeded half of that 48 point total once all year before playing us.

Rice didn't do much until garbage time. WVU quarterback threw 4 interceptions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

That tweak better be getting rid of that 3-3-5, or we won't smell that CCG. Riley was smart enough to get rid of that 3-3-5. Did wonders for a pitiful OU defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

I’ve officially crossed the tracks let him go now, don’t wait u til the season wraps. Take the bye week and get the ball rolling.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Heads need to roll now.

19. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I was just thinking how much aggy must be enjoying this. Makes me ill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

A coaches job is to put the players in the best position to succeed. Orlando is failing miserably at this with his scheme. The 3 man line is a horrible alignment leaves wide open running lanes. But his scheme really hurts because it requires the db’s especially the corners to come up quickly in run support. The corners who are inexperienced are so concerned with run support that they just let the receivers run by them and can’t recover. That was evident often today. Moreover it was a joke when we only rushed three. The four man front seemed effective today in the few times it was used. i don’t think Orlando will change so he needs to go run his scheme somewhere else.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Holy moly. I started this and didn't check it all week. But TCU proved my point now didn't they.

Fire Orlando. NOW. Set up a base defense and just run that. It will suck. But it will be better than what we have today.

If that doesn't happen. Fire Herman at the end of the year. I am getting tired of this prick to be honest. He was decent at Houston. Maybe we should hire the Houston's current coach.

22. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

F it...Bring back Major at this point...

23. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

13-1 first year with Sumlin and Levine's players then 9-3 the next year. Maybe he wasn't so hot after all judging what he has done. Won with Charlie's players and now that most of his players are playing...... we suck.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

25. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

To be fair, it's a stupid question. TH is honestly supposed to say yes to that?

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Well, he did a good job at WVa, but we need to hire an elite coach from the top group of elite Power 5 coaches to be the man in Austin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Current Houston Texans coach? No. Current Houston Cougars coach? Hell no. Current Houston Astros coach? Maybe.

• Like Like x 1
  28. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Altuve would be hell of a coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Boyd has some good points about our scheme in his twitter thread, if anyone is still interested

30. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I listen to Rod Babers every day. If it was up to me, I think I would make *him* our OC tomorrow. He makes a lot of sense and he's the most honest dude out there about what is wrong with the Horns since Jeff Ward was doing sports.

• Agree Agree x 2