First 3 game winning streak since 2014

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Detective Shilala, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Every time we have "turned a corner" for the last several years, we have turned around to lose games like this one. The last time we won three in a row was a 3 game streak in November of 2014.

In fact that three game win streak was broken by an *** whipping by TCU that started the 4 year losing streak to them.

Got over the two game hump and got the TCU monkey off our back! that feels good.
    Also beating two RANKED teams in a row? Last time that happened was 2008.

Tom Herman - Ok maybe our idiot ******* coach who should be fired is actually just our ******* coach. And I am OK with that!
    Credit to TH for picking his QB and sticking with him. He likes what he sees in Sam and I am starting to see why.
    Maybe TH has an issue with "looking ahead" and overlooking teams like Maryland, uConn, etc... But he is no idiot and maybe he can fix that. Take care of KSU next week and we might have the makings of something really special here. But we need to take care of KSU coach...

Texas Talent - Can we put this silly debate to bed? We have talent coming out of our ********, and for a change, it showed.

QB - we have QB depth? How about that?
    Shane Beuechelle is a class act and might be the best back-up QB in the nation, but I think we have our QB.
    This is just the sort of game that we have grown to expect Sam Ehlinger to throw away. Maybe freshman players do grow and learn from their mistakes.
    He threw some inaccurate passes but overall he was efficient, used his legs to buy time, and he threw some strikes.

Tre Watson - if we truly turn a corner this year, this guy will probably be the unsung hero.

Collin Johnson and LJH. Enough said.

The entire O Line and TEs- they weren't perfect, but this is a salty TCU defense. I think they grew up a lot today.

Todd Orlando's entire defense! This TCU offense made tOSU chase ghosts for much of that game. They never seemed to find a rhythm today though. This was a complete team effort. A few players stood out to me, but those who didn't deserve accolades too.

Chris Nelson - get in his belly!

Gary Johnson - get in his belly too!

Kris Boyd - on his worst play of the day he saved a TD. Reagor is a stud. But Boyd won the day hands down.

Caden Sterns - dayyummm Freshman!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Next step is we need to put an ***-whupping on KSU and go into Dallas 4-1 and confident. OU is good but if our D is on fire and the O continues to play smart and minimize mistakes, we can win that one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I'd generalize that comment to say the next step is to show we can play this well away from home, when the crowd isn't helping to pump us up. KSU just happens to be the test we get to take outside of DKR.

4. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

"Next step is we need to put an ***-whupping on KSU and go into Dallas 4-1 and confident. OU is good but if our D is on fire and the O continues to play smart and minimize mistakes, we can win that one."

Close practices for OU week. Work hard on triple option plays. OU had real problems defending Army's.

I'm kidding, just keep progressing individually and as a team and the Horns will be fine.

Hook 'em