Fisher to A&M

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by beijinghorn1, Nov 26, 2017.

1. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

Multiple reports out of Houston say it is a done deal. If TH did not already have enough pressure after last year, this will dial it up multiple notches.

2. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Hmmm surely you mean Jeff Fisher, right?

Links?

3. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

The pressure is probably on Fisher. He's following a winning coach. TH didn't.

4. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

5. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

What does an aggy hire, assuming it's true, have to do with pressure on TH?

6. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

I am making the assumption that this will help them with recruiting and make them a better team. Perhaps I am crazy, but I will be thinking WTF, A&M hired a guy with a National championship from FSU and we hired a guy who won a couple of big games from Cougar high.

7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

The bigger question is how the Aggies add FSU's NC to their own claims?

• Like Like x 5
  8. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

People saying his son posted something saying they were staying at FSU could be a bargaining tool but 7.5 mill a year geez how much farther you want to push it

• Like Like x 1
  9. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

With paint, smoke and mirrors

• Like Like x 1
  10. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'm not an attorney but why isn't this tortuous interference with a contract?

11. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2909865

I dearly love seeing ags go thru misery like this. ..we have jimbo !! ...jimbo ain't coming afterall..."

One of two scenes will play out....if Jimbo goes to atm, it's the scene from LET IT RIDE where the Richard Dreyfus says "God likes me ! He really, really likes me !!".... if jimbo turns them down it will be out the Semi Tough scene where Big Ed Bookman says "You ain't gonna let me have it are you Lord? I've been a sinner, and you're gonna f**k me"

Even in a poor season for us, we have aggy to thank for these moments of amusement

• Like Like x 4
  12. Bevosbff1973

Bevosbff1973 100+ Posts

Lmfao. Right! Ole Jeff is reeling in his line now grabbing his blower from his pocket thinking about the response he is about to send to Aggy via text.

13. Bevosbff1973

Bevosbff1973 100+ Posts

Trying to figure that one out myself.

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Thread title should not be posted as fact when it's still rumor.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  15. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Excellent Sabrehorn!! That was funny! And at the same time a very good question. You know they will absolutely do it.

16. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

In the 2015 Peach Bowl, Cougar High whacked Florida State 38-24. I'll be honest, I've never understood the Jimbo Fisher mystique, particularly post-Jameis Winston...

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  17. Bevosbff1973

Bevosbff1973 100+ Posts

Lol. True. They are working on the numbers now to hang up for next year.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Fisher has a decent resume. He's had 5 10-win seasons out of 8 at FSU and a 83-23 record overall. He does have the coveted MNC.

His most successful years came when he had an NFL caliber QB in Winston, kind of like Mack and Vince. Without an established QB, he's as mortal as anyone, as this year proves.

aggy has a history of pulling name coaches out of successful programs; Sherrill from Pitt and Franchione from Bama (the dumbest move by a coach of all time). We'll see. I don't think he has a Heisman QB sitting on the bench this season like Sumlin lucked into.

19. weller1

weller1 25+ Posts

Kubiak?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

aggy moderators forced to rationalize the problems Jimbo is having filling out his staff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

I will be the first to admit it, Jimbo has created far less of a "buzz" than I thought he would.

22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Same here. I thought it would stay loud and hot but it's kind of been, "MEH." I think that melt-down that was posted the other day about him losing a whole recruiting class off the bat was going to really hurt later if they don't win right away was spot-on. It's going to be a long winter for them now... just waiting.

10 years; $75 million. GUARAN' F'N TEED.

• Like Like x 1
  23. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Beij

It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll.
    If this goes south it will go way south. EVERYONE thinks they hired the next big coach, this year and in all years past. Mostly they are wrong. Aggie just paid more (and ran out of time).

24. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

and that's how you end up with Shawn Watson as your OC

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]