Flores Law Suit

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by stanhin, Feb 1, 2022.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  2. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Funny that Belichick can't figure out which Brian he is texting! Also, I'd like to see how the Rooney Rule stands up in court. Forcing one to interview based on race sounds contradictory to laws.

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

You are confusing this with a two way street. It is strictly ONE WAY!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Hope Flores likes Jackson, MS because the only job he may get is with Deon.

• Hot Hot x 1
  5. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

USFL still needs a couple of coaches.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I have not seen the entire complaint, but I believe his Rooney rule claims will fail. I also found it interesting that his own attorney was too stupid to properly spell Gruden's name when referencing conduct which occurred prior to Gruden having been under contract to coach the Las Vegas Raiders.

What I find to be truly sad is that Flores, a coach who butted heads with the GM in Miami, actually WANTED to be hired by a franchise which is even worse in that regard. And then he filed this while being under consideration by the absolute worst franchise as far as idiocy at the top (Texans).

I suspect that any candidacy of Flores was beginning to wilt as word got out that it was not just the GM in Miami that he had issues with...apparently he did not communicate well with the rest of the coaching staff.

Also lost is that crappy franchises often have fanbases that want a coach that is going to win and win NOW. They don't want to be someone's OJT stop which, unfortunately, is where many of the Rooney class candidates would tend to fall. Coaches have to be the right fit for the team and a coach who emphasizes run game is not going to be a good mix for a pass-happy roster and vice-versa.

I believe Flores has killed any chance of coaching for a few years...somewhere he might get another shot, but he should have allowed this cycle to come to a close before throwing an ill-conceived nuclear bomb into the middle of the mix...

8. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

9. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Thnx for the link...I was able to get around the paywall by tweaking settings to disable javascript.

what I could not escape is the pandering on page 1...not used to seeing that around these parts.

12. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

I'm only up to page 28--still reading.

13. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i don't know the laws. i don't like forcing anyone to HIRE based on anything other than merit and potential.

Giving lesser known candidates a chance to throw their hat in the ring more often seem like small potatoes for these guys to get worked up over.

14. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Maybe you're right. Laws say you can't hire based on race. Laws probably don't say you can't interview based on race.

15. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Maybe he's just a bad coach? I think that would explain more than: Everyone in the NFL is out to hold me down.

16. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

His teams in Miami have not been talented. They got off to a 1-7 start this season, but the various announcers and analysts during the season praised him for getting the most out of them he could. The team did not quit on him and finished the season winning 8 out of 9. When he was fired, the consensus among the "experts" was surprise and confidence he would be a hot commodity for another head coaching job this year. So, I don't think the answer is as simple as he's "just a bad coach." If he were "just a bad coach," why did he immediately get all those head coaching job interviews, unless, of course, they were, as he claims in his lawsuit, "just a sham." ;)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  17. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

One thing that will for sure happen as a result: a lottery for the five worst teams

also likely: the next time a team comes up for sale a group of black people will likely get it. For sure there are going to be more blacks with partnerships in ownership