Florida State ??

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by HANNAHORN, Feb 8, 2017.

1. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

We need Joyner homes to turn on BeastMode and take over.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Thanks for posting.

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

you know, so many people are questioning why Texas is playing FSU during conference play.

I just don't hear that talk about the South Carolina-UConn game which is also during their conference season. Just what a great matchup it is.

Wish they were talking about our game the same way cuz I think it is a great matchup between two of the best teams in the nation.

• Like Like x 3
  4. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Article by Cedric Golden is super well done.

5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

My guess is that the distance and timing don't create the same manner of issues on trying to rehab after a Saturday afternoon game. They are in the same time zone AND SC last played on the 9th, so there isn't the loss of an hour like Texas contends with for the time zone changing mid-flight, and on a turnaround game, every hour can be critical. Trying to actually be students and having to do classwork can ALSO be tough with this sort of a turnaround schedule and the travel involved...

Not sure if SC flew up a day early or if they waited and flew this morning...

6. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

The reason coach Aston is playing this game is because she promised Ariel when she was recruiting her that they would play in these big Monday games.

• Like Like x 1
  7. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

I hope there will be some good, non-biased announcers for this game. I'm getting tired of muting the sound. Doris Burke is okay but I bet she will be in Storrs.

8. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I think it's Beth Mowins and Debbie Antonnelli

• Like Like x 1
  9. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Although I certinly think we have the team to win a game against FSU on any given night, just as with other top teams you can't really predict those nights. I just hope we play well and compete hard and let the chips fall where they may. The way I see it, going strictly by the rankings we're not "supposed" to beat FSU -- especially on their home floor. That said, we've nothing really to lose and everything to gain. Either we get another solid road win, or a loss sends us back to Austin with a good teaching tool to prepare for the remainder of the regular season and into the NCAA tournament.

• Like Like x 1
  10. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

It sure would be a nice Big Monday if the Horns and South Carolina win ! For sure could happen.....

• Like Like x 1
  11. "Anna hook em"

Our bench looks smaller than usual

12. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I hate when refs try to control a game rather than simply call a game

• Like Like x 3
  13. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I dont like the officials calls at this point...

• Like Like x 1
  14. "Anna hook em"

Who's that team playing FSU?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Fran said it right...officials are not calling a good game either way.

• Like Like x 2
  16. "Anna hook em"

They are out playing us IMO and the ref's aren't helping

• Like Like x 1
  17. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Just not playing very well.

18. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

We are not playing well ....yet. We are just hurting our selfs. 32 pts is not bad defense...poor offense

19. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Well, back down to earth after Baylor. Except for Brooke, these players look like they've never seen a basketball before. Disappointing.

20. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Brooke has come to play. Just a bunch of silly tournovers but that's something this team will do.

21. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

We are playing like we did two months ago

22. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Horns can come back. Need some ENERGY!!! Let's go ladies!!

23. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

well, I think most nights we would beat FSU. Tonight, not sure. We are not playing like we used to seeing. 13 errors so far at the half and at least half of those, probably more, just poor play, judgement by the Horns.

not really playing our usual D either. We have lost FSU's 3pt shooters quite a bit and they have taken advantage of it to make 5-10 treys.

FSU has taken 14 more shots than the Horns. Definitely not our half. Let's see if we come out with a bit of fire in the second half and get the rest of the team to join Brooke in playing the game.

24. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Brooke continues to amaze, however awful everyone else is playing.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

We have our own issues, but the refs are whistle happy. Yet, I keep seeing so many over-the-backs on rebounds by FSU that are not being called; and, our guards are getting bumped a lot on the perimeter, and they aren't calling those either.

Strangely, the refs have called no illegal screens/picks against either team; that's one of the most common calls refs make these days.

On the bright side, Brooke has been sensational; but, just not getting any help. We need Ariel to start hitting some outside shots, and Joyner needs to establish position down low and get a couple of layups to help her get in the groove of the game offensively.

Guess I will be grateful that Joyner is not in foul trouble as this is the type of game where she easily could be.

We did not take advantage of two of FSU's starters getting two fouls in the first quarter, and then Romero picking up her third foul in the second quarter.

This half of basketball really exposes our lack of perimeter shooters. The only player who can step it up in that category is gonna have to be Ariel.

• Like Like x 1
  26. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

dang, really getting tired of all the UConn hoopla. It is really a big thing they are on the verge of, but I am much more interested in our game. Don't need the announcers talking about UConn while the action is going on. At least wait until there is a break in the action.

• Like Like x 4
  27. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I agree. We are so much better than this. I'm sure that is what Coach is saying right now. Our leaders..besides Brooke, need to LEAD!

• Like Like x 2
  28. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

yep, those no calls were quite noticeable. Guess that's one way to outrebound your opponents.

• Like Like x 1
  29. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I never expected Texas to come out the gate like this.For a Big Time Game's.
    You got to have some Energy, and be ready to play every time you hit the floor.
    Just not a great 1st half.Hopefully I will see the Texas, that played Baylor last week.
    Hookem'

• Like Like x 2
  30. "Anna hook em"

We will win it but closer than we expect it

• Like Like x 2