Florida's Dunlap arrested, charged with DUI

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by horn blooded, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

There really are some stupid god damn people out there, including our own players who do this ****.

2. Desert__Scar

Desert__Scar 100+ Posts

I think what the poster meant was not your run of mill DUI/DWI, more like DWO (driving while obliterated).

Someone who passes at a light, who cannot stay awake during officer questions, is not a .08 or .10 or maybe not .18.

Terrible decision by the kid and tough on the UF team. Hope he bounces back and learns from it.

3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Markus is history for this year and would probably be best served to move on. D.J. should get 3 games for the DUI and one game for breaking curfew.

Mack might give them a ring, but 2009 is history for these two.

4. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

How can the car be in drive and not be moving if he was passed out. Tough for a passed out guy to keep the break pressed, right?

R.J.

5. Heretic Horn

Heretic Horn 250+ Posts

6. mstrat

mstrat 250+ Posts

Any class Tebow supposedly gives to this program will be removed for me if Meyer doesn't suspend him indefinitely.

I know there's more to it than what we have, but Mack put a big hammer down on a freshmen kick returner and back up corner. If Meyer doesn't suspend for the title game and consider the BCS game, he's going to open the gates for what will become the next Miami.

7. ChemHORN

ChemHORN 100+ Posts

I see what your saying. So he drove to the stoplight. Got piss drunk and passed out there......NOT. I too thought you meant you were implying that he was so drunk that DWI wasn't enough. But to say he isn't guilty of DWI because he was passed out in a car sitting at a stoplight that is in DRIVE is just not smart.

8. longtex

longtex Guest

9. Jason Atchley

Jason Atchley 250+ Posts

FWIW(unless the law has changed), in Texas you are arrested for DWI if you are passed out in your car in a parking lot with the keys in the ignition and the engine off.

10. longtex

longtex Guest

11. updog07

updog07 500+ Posts

So you're saying the greatest leader of all time couldn't lead his 22 starters to stay away from alcoholic beverages for an entire season?

there must be some sort of mistake.

12. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

Dunlap, a 20-year-old junior from North Charleston, S.C., was arrested at 3:25 a.m. He was released on his own recognizance about six hours later during his initial appearance at the Alachua County Jail. Judge Mary Day Coker admonished Dunlap for underage drinking, and said he cannot possess alcohol, illegal drugs or prescription drugs that are not prescribed for him.

Interesting, on a school night the week before the biggest game of his career he is out til 3:25am. I guess he wasnt planning on making it to his class the next day.

13. hookem2003

hookem2003 500+ Posts

14. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

i dont see anyhting there regarding the suspension

15. Lamp

Lamp 250+ Posts

In reply to:

16. Jason Atchley

Jason Atchley 250+ Posts

17. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

I was just watching Sportscenter and Herbie says Dunlap will not play in the sec title game. Dunlap suspended

18. longtex

longtex Guest

19. Jason Atchley

Jason Atchley 250+ Posts

20. longtex

longtex Guest

21. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

The Link