flying with beer

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Ankf00, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Ankf00

Ankf00 250+ Posts

any tips on packing w/ glass bottles? I assume airlines won't allow you to bring glass bottles in your carry on with that whole 3 ounces of liquid rule...

2. TexasEd

TexasEd 1,000+ Posts

put thdm inside something water proof because they will probably be broken.

3. 12thStudStan

12thStudStan 250+ Posts

Beer gives you wings.

4. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky 25+ Posts

i smuggled a 6 pack of moose drool onto a flight once, but don't know if that was legal or not

5. Anastasis

Anastasis 1,000+ Posts

****, pre 9/11 I carried a whole case of wine back from france as a carry on.

6. OrangeBlooded

OrangeBlooded 500+ Posts

post 9/11 (4/21/02) i flew to hawaii with a full plastic flask of vodka. it was in my carry-on. no problem

7. pulque

pulque 1,000+ Posts

8. Math Mudrat

Math Mudrat 250+ Posts

I used to bring 6-packs of Lone Star talls on flights in my back pack before the whole 3 ounces thing. I wonder if you could get away with bringing a bunch of those little liquor bottles aboard?

9. HornInDub

HornInDub 100+ Posts

If they are under 3oz and you stick them in a ziploc bag, you're all set.

10. stockjock

stockjock 250+ Posts

Just went to the wine country in CA a couple of weeks ago and brought back a dozen bottles. The winery packed them for us in styrofoam and guaranteed they wouldn't break if we checked them as luggage, and they didn't. You would just have to find styrofoam that would conform to your bottles.

11. WooHorn

WooHorn 250+ Posts

I stuck a Bud Light bottle in my suitcase recently for some reason. I checked the bag and the cap came off the bottle. That is a nasty smell.

12. Mack Tripper

Mack Tripper 500+ Posts

13. TexasEd

TexasEd 1,000+ Posts

I don't know how many times I have seen people pick up their leaking bags from the carousel. Wine dripping behind them as they roll their bag out to the curb.

14. stillaphlopin

stillaphlopin 25+ Posts

I have packed both beer and wine in a suitcase without a problem many times. Just get some bubble wrap and place the bottle between some clothing. Beer bottles are pretty sturdy, so I didn’t use anything but paper for protection.

15. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

I went to a Target and bought one of these and a roll of bubble wrap.
    It's high impact resistant, and had locks on the sides.
    I brought back over 2 cases of wine and much beer from Seattle.
    Checked it as luggage.

[​IMG]