Football Ticket Prices

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Wideawake, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Wideawake

Wideawake 100+ Posts

AAS reports that football ticket prices will remain the same for the next 2 years. There wasn't any mention of resale policies. What would you have liked to have happened?

2. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

I want a phone call from Perrin apologizing for Patterson and his actions and I will gladly pay those prices and even for parking and you can raise ticket prices, just be honest with me and apologize......my next call will be to the Longhorn Foundation.....

3. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Perrin is continuing Patterson's actions/decisions. He is telling us to continue to overpay for tickets and parking for the next two years for the inferior product and inferior coach he apparently sees no problem with. He even calls for support for Strong's team. Strong's team?? I guess he doesn't want to claim this train wreck for Texas.
    Perhaps Perrin should apologize for both Patterson and himself. He should personally apologize for not firing Strong and not dropping prices for the inferior product when making the decision to keep him.
    He is also telling us that Strong is staying and he expects the long time fans to pay for this boondoggle to cover the lost revenue in ticket sales for the next two years.
    It is not going to get better.
    There will be a lot more long time fans dropping out next year.

4. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

The prices need to drop and the parking fee needs to go away. It was not acceptable to raise the prices after a 6-7 season because "we thought we might better." It's not acceptable to keep them at the same higher rates after an even worse season.

The fans are being asked to pay more money for less results on the field.

5. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

I was also expecting a drop in prices to the 2013/14 level and the parking fee to go away.
    I also expected Perrin to terminate Strong and offer some sort of deal to get back the long time fans that left last year due to Patterson/Strong debacle. They now look smart.
    Keeping Strong will probably result in another losing season and a lot fans know it and will
    not renew. More empty seats, less revenue. New boss is same as the last boss, he hasn't changed anything. He just smiles a lot and throws more hook ems up.

6. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

With the stipulation that Cash is King, it may be that Patterson was the best thing that ever happened to those who say they need more. Of course, you have the new basketball arena that needs to be built and you have to pay the players at some point... wait.... Steve! You're the man! What were we thinking? Baby come back!

Ticket prices will commence their upward climb in 2018...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  7. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

"Tickets will remain overpriced for 2 years and then be raised after" .... yay?

• Like Like x 1
  8. addicted to Horn

addicted to Horn 1,000+ Posts

I was a long time ticket holder and dumped them not due to my low expectations for the season, but entirely becuase of Patterson. I will likley never get tickets back as it has become evident that UT admin doesn't give a crap about fans. We are only dollar signs to them and due to this fact my interest in UT football has really waned. I like Strong but I really do not think he can turn things around. He seems to be a terrible fit for the Big 12 Conference. Dark days ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Why are tickets prices staying the same at rates higher than 2014 when we went 6-7?

• Like Like x 1
  10. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Because Notre Dame is coming to town....and we beat OU ( a game that "stands out" )

11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Tickets have been overpriced for almost a decade. Patterson just accelerated the trend, and was stupid (or ballsy) enough to do it while the on-field results were trending in the opposite direction.

The only way to make the price trend reverse is to show them there is significantly lower demand.

12. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Like taxes I never expected the ticket prices to come down - but I did hope parking would be back as included.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Stadium 20% empty on senior night and probably closer to 30% after halftime, but as long as the seats were sold, I don't think the bigwigs care if a single person is actually in the seats or not.

14. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

^ this

If they had just dropped the parking charge, they would have brought a bunch of fans back in and retained many who will leave.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Stat, I think you are right. Butts in the seats is the best outcome, but as long as the seats were sold and the money is coming in, they don't give a damn if it is vacant or not.

16. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I'd like to see better (clear) communication from the athletics dept. anytime they put out info on issues, and send out communication more timely not a day or two before.

17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Has anyone heard if some of Patterson's other initiatives (such as the cap on the coaches ability to eat lunch with the players etc) have been rolled back?

18. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I recall that was one of the first changes Perrin made as AD.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wideawake

Wideawake 100+ Posts

I found the article in the AAS this morning about audit problems in the ticket operations very interesting. This was stuff back when Dodds was AD, so can't pin this on Patterson.

• Like Like x 1
  20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Plonsky's comments:

Asked if Dodds knew about the problems in the Longhorn Foundation and looked the other way, Plonsky said, "Absolutely not. Our habit is we call campus. We call campus on things where they say, ‘Thanks for calling, but this doesn’t rise to the level.’ But the habit was always to err on the side of communicating.”

"“I worked alongside DeLoss for 20 years straight. This is the stuff he just never couched. I believe we did the right thing. But it’s just, what were we going to discover when it went to audit? That was going to take some time. Once we turned it over to audit, I thought we were going to learn a lot.”

Huh? Pure gibberish... a complete dodge...

21. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Perrin said the "no resale" will remain in place.

I completely understand the new "loyalty point system" after that audit. I think that may actually have been a positive change that Steve Patterson made.

However, the no resale policy is still dumb and should be rescinded.

• Like Like x 3
  22. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

And the parking.

• Like Like x 2