For Real ....Herman “IS” Done!!!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HoffHorn, Oct 3, 2020.

1. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

That article, written when A&M was 1-1, was pretty derisive, crowing that Fisher obviously was not going to win 10 games, and predicting further trouble. After that, A&M won 8 straight, ending 9-1 with an Orange Bowl win, (that total includes no out of conference games to pad the win total) and a top 4 or 5 finish.

So, the article is kind of passe now.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There is a lot going on behind the scenes (some in front) at LSU
    Rumors from sources saying Raymond wants out
    Would be a coup if Sark can reel him in -- one of the best recruiters in the country

• Hot Hot x 2
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Wow, just had a terrible thought flash in my mind seeing this post. Let's just hope this doesn't turn into the SS Longhorn going on a 3 year tour ending getting lost in a storm then shipwrecked. :idk:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"The football program has admitted to a major, Level 1 violation involving illegal payments of $180,000 for a no-show job to James Alexander, the father of a former LSU offensive lineman, Vadal Alexander, who was a starting tackle and guard from 2012-15. This amounts to an illegal recruiting benefit for Alexander, who was recruited by and played for former LSU coach Les Miles."

• Hot Hot x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Hot Hot x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I have read several times now that Bama coaches and players have known about the Sark to Texas news for almost a month

:idk:

• Hot Hot x 1
  7. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

".....a three hour tour..."

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Back to the Statesman for a second, it’s interesting that both Bohls and Golden called CDC a liar in their columns after the firing.

These butt hurt columnists are looking pathetic, and neither has yet had the courage or the insight to acknowledge the elephant in the room, related to the firing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. RainH2burntO

My gut tells me they are being quick to admit to a little to try to hide the "lot"

I will also be surprised if they are back up top or close to it anytime again under Coach O.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. LazyHorn

LazyHorn 25+ Posts

Ginger and Mary Anne! Book me a ticket on that shipwreck!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

At 5-5, they did suspend themselves from a bowl game this season

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

So...you draw the line there at your laziness?
    Lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

No. They are nowhere near Alabama so second in the $EC West is their ceiling for at least the next 4 years. They will be battling LSU and Ole Miss for second next season. Add Mississippi State starting in 2023.

14. RainH2burntO

Looked like the sec was down this year.
    Funny I didn't hear many talking heads pointing out this obvious fact

15. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I hope Sark is better organized and has his notes on an iPad.

16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I have asked Chris to send the binder to the trustee holding my $400 million inheritance in Nigeria.

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

The media has hit pravda levels of credibility.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

That's an insult to Pravda, which was more honest. Not honest, but more honest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I am not sure we are quite debating the same thing. Of course A&M is not Alabama; not now, not ever. Of course, Fisher is not Saban. (Saban even makes more.)

The question is, aggies being who they were and and who they are, and being in College Station, and with their specific history in football, with more budget than national cache, was it worth it for them to pay $7.5m a year for Fisher. Or, as the author in that article says, are the aggies being ripped off.

I would say that it is expected to be harder to win and build a program at A&M than here, so they would have to pay more to a top coach than we would. So, paying $7.5m, having the base whipped up, and going 9-1, is not a rip off.
    Whether they are at Alabama’s level isn’t really the question—who is?

• Like Like x 1
  20. havoc7701

havoc7701 Sponsor and Aggy Ridiculer

Good point - and there's no way anyone can claim this year was an indicative season in ANY conference with the skipped games and player opt-outs.

21. havoc7701

havoc7701 Sponsor and Aggy Ridiculer

Fair point if you consider $7.5M this year by itself as an investment to achieving 9-1. Looking at the larger record over 10 years, time will tell if A&M got their value from JF for the total sum of $75M, not counting any future contract extensions.

22. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Well, the illusion is a big part of the reality. Just on this forum we have discussed that Herman’s damage to our donations/collections could be many tens of millions, such that cutting him loose for $15m could be a good business move, no matter what the wins and losses are. Likewise, aggies raise a lot of money—on par with the top blue bloods. So their business model is actually close to ours; if 7.5m keeps a $80m profit going, it’s not necessarily a rip-off, even if A&M stays second in the SEC west

23. LazyHorn

LazyHorn 25+ Posts

Every man has his limits. No if Jeanie could join the crew,.... wait wrong sitcom

• Hot Hot x 1
  24. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

First, it wasn't $7.5 million in isolation. After the wealth tax add on, the $75 for 10 became $92 for 10 because of the way the contract was agreed. In addition, until the tax code changes, Jimbo will have to pay that tax on whatever earnings he has.

If aggy feels they got a bargain - more power to them. Very few not related to that campus will agree

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. horninchicago

"From the outside looking in, you can’t understand it. And from the inside looking out, you can’t explain it."

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Vino Bevo

Vino Bevo Wine - how classy people get drunk

:puke:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Are “bargain” and “rip-off” the only options?

and if A&Ms football profits are $80m a year, that’s not in isolation either—it’s $800 million over the course of Fisher’s contract. Can’t it be the case that they have made an acceptable business decision?

Not sure why I am replying; you aren’t really reading what I am writing, just repeating that A&M is stupid over and over.

people are liking your posts, so there’s that

28. horninchicago

Yeah, I like his posts. I like a lot of yours, too.

• Like Like x 1
  29. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

All it will take is a simple apology. I'd even settle for a team statement of some sort acknowledging that all current team members fully embrace the University of Texas. Until then, no.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

No; I just am not providing you the answer you want which is aggy got a bargain. They did not if results on the field count (which is the only yardstick that counts). If the bank account is all that matters they may have.