For Real ....Herman “IS” Done!!!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HoffHorn, Oct 3, 2020.

1. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Well i have a guy that works for me, who has a cousin that met a girl on tinder and her neighbor has a sister in Ann Arbor that knows a realtor meeting with the Meyers there today. As soon as the Masters is done.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Wrong.
    Just as in a case of he said, she said.
    Without a corroborating second witness or some form of recorded evidence, it is indeed hearsay.
    So if Herman were to come out say he never said that is that a direct statement from an eyewitness and therefore proof Smith is a liar?

Hearsay - noun. unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge.
    Seems to fit here.
    And again, me thinks you don't understand the word so well either. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

No, it doesnt. You should probably stop using words you dont understand

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

That's nothing. My cousin's second ex wife knows someone who is friends with Zach Smith's ex wife and she says Urban's best friend told her no way in heck he is coming to Austin.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Yes, it absolutely does.
    It's okay to admit it.
    How does it not?
    What is there about Smith's statement that is verified, official or part of your direct knowledge?
    It is total hearsay and innuendo.
    We could go on like this all day. :)
    But I won't.
    Have a good Sunday!

6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I will say this.
    Perhaps "hearsay" doesn't fit Smith's initial comment.
    It does however fit your initial post of his comment.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Bye week countdown to game week begins in hours...

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I think Herman is not done, because this college football season is a sh** show and at any time any team can go down to covid.

I was more "into it" when Mack was pushed out but maybe it was early (he did win a national championship but had gone downhill from the Alabama loss). Some here know more of the Fred demise. I was in my 3rd year at UT and couldn't figure out why you fire a coach with the second most wins in UT history. But they said it was the first losing season in 30 years so there ya go (probably similar to Mack, had lost momentum since the Georgia debacle and it was time to go).

It seems silly when followed up with McWilliams/Mackovic up/down years and now after Brown had 3 losing seasons under Charlie and now 3 winning seasons under Herman (plus 3 bowl wins), but somehow that's not enough. I think we should let Herman win more than he loses about 4-5 more years before we fire him. By all means, if he has the first losing season of his tenure here, I mean, get that rat bastage outta here!

• Like Like x 2
  9. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

Good gosh MD we gotta bring you a rock from the moon to believe we really went there? U are not Hermans attorney are you? Jus askin,the way you take up for that yoyo.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  10. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

No.
    There was both video and audio evidence of the moon landing.
    And many corroborating eyewitnesses.
    ;) :)

11. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Zuck, none of those coaches threw Longhorn Nation under the bus like Herman did. He needs to be gone yesterday.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

It's pretty simple in Austin. To remain coach you have to beat OU. Herman is now 1-4. To stay, he better get us a conference championship. If we play OU again and lose to a freshman QB again, then he's done. I mean he has to understand he was brought in to win big games. And there is no bigger game for us than OU year over year.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

You know that stuff can be faked. Audio and video and witnesses can be wrong. Could be a coverup by a guy last name of smith. I know how you are about wanting it to be verified. Cant be too careful these days.

14. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Nah.
    Just have a pet peeve these days about the spread and acceptance of unproven information.
    Regardless of who it involves.
    Never met you ER, but I would do the same if someone posted something derogatory about you here.
    Just because someone says something that you would like to be true doesn't make it so.

15. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

And just because someone doesn't want something to be true doesn't make it untrue, either...Right, Moon?
    :)

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Rumor out there that we kicked the tires with Kyle Shanahan
    And supposedly were not completely told to screw off

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Absolutely!
    But in this instance, and most anytime, I'm not necessarily wanting anything to be untrue.
    I'll accept anything you can prove to me is true.

18. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

It would take a really dramatic change in coaching philosophies to adapt what he has toyed around with in the NFL in order to have success at Texas. His offense is basically what we had with Harsin/Applewhite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I was just looking for an excuse to "talk" to you. Been too long.
    What is the subject of this thread, anyway?!?
    Whatever it is.. I totally and wholeheartedly both agree and disagree.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

That is not what happened. The question was posed, but then people ignored it and kept discussing the alleged incident as if it was a fact rather than a rumor from an untrustworthy source, so he had to remind y'all of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  22. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Because of all the crazy assed arguments about nothing at all on some website called Hornfans, as I understand it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

That’s Orangefans to you and Herman.

And yet, this board since the days of “Simms lives in an orange house” has consistently been both accurate and early on recruiting and hiring topics, far more so that the putrid Austin AS or such.

If and when Herman is fired, I expect to read about it far earlier here than anywhere else.

• Like Like x 1
  24. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

So Tom & CDC are completely aligned and in lock step. Well that’s interesting. And apparently CDC likes what Herman is building at Texas. :rolleyes1:

BTW, what is it that Tom building at Texas? How to maintain mediocrity?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  25. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

You're just racist!!!

[sarc]

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Trajectory. This is the second time I’ve seen him use that word. It’s a way of saying that while the trophy case is empty and his record against OU / TCU / OSU is a combined 4 - 9, he’s on the right path.

There is no evidence of this. The team lost more games in season 3 than in season 2, and didn’t make the conference game last year. Since the high water mark of the Sugar Bowl, 0-2 vs OU, 0-2 against TCU, while 2-0 against OSU for some forward progress.

Still, winning out most likely means a B12 championship which should be the standard for the year. We’ll see in the next month how it plays out.

27. horninchicago

So, if Texas sucks *** at the end of the year, it's because of Covid. If they somehow weasel their way to a Big XII Champeeeeenship, wouldn't it be because Covid prevented OU, the rightful dominated force in the conference, to win yet another Champeeeeensphip?

28. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

You left out the part about having to learn new offensive and defensive systems. In the few minutes that i could stomach listening to today, it seems like he mentioned that in every other breath.
    Coach Tom, could you remind us WHY your players are having to learn new systems on both sides of the ball? My memory is fuzzy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. horninchicago

My TV has not tuned in to LHN for months, so I'll take your word for it.

Yeah, he sucks as a head coach and can't get good assistants.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Orangefans? Come on, man!